Posted on Apr 16, 2019 by Experis IT
Role: Electrical Inspector
Location: Nailsea (Bristol)
Duration: 6 Month initial contract
Pay: Competitive hourly rate
My client are currently looking for an experience Electrical/Electronics Inspector to join their team in Nailsea. The successful candidate will have experience within similar positions, ideally within the Oil & Gas industry (not essential).
- IPC 610 certificate
- IPC 620 certificate
- Ability to inspect products for fit, form and function requirements.
- Ability to suggest improved methodology relating to all mechanical/electrical assemblies.
- Ability to inspect complex Electrical assemblies against the engineering drawing requirements.
To support and improve Quality in Manufacturing through:-
- Ensuring all aspects of production are carried out in accordance with company procedures relating to HSE and relevant quality Codes of Practice.
- Maintain, calibrate and commission all tooling and equipment relating to completing a quality product.
- Train and facilitate contractors, trainees and apprentices when required.
- Ensure Work Order documentation is correct and completed to date
before, during and on completion of the build process.
- Ensure safe working practices are adhered to at all times and general
housekeeping is maintained to a high standard.
- To provide the verification and sign off of process generated documentation related to the manufacture of subsea controls and ancillary equipment, in order to ensure that all the planned and specified requirements have been satisfactorily undertaken.
- To close work orders on the satisfactory completion of the respective work order.
- To carry out product and process surveillance, including the liaison with manufacturing personnel to ensure that any problems identified and recorded are dealt with effectively.
- To raise rejection records related to product build problems.
- To carry out specialist inspection techniques in accordance with build requirements eg hardness testing, alignment testing etc.
- To contribute to departmental improvement initiatives.
- To enhance and raise awareness of inspection and quality standards within the site.