Posted on Apr 16, 2019 by Request Technology
A prestigious company is on the search for a Network Administrator.
This individual will be monitoring, troubleshooting, and maintaining telecommunications and network (LAN, WAN, wireless and VOIP) multiplexers, hubs and Routers. This is a heavy routing and switching role that needs heavy experience with Palo Alto. This individual needs to be heavy in VOIP, Cisco VOIP, and wireless with routing and switching. There will be domestic travel for less than 50% of the time.
- The Principal Network Administrator monitors, troubleshoots and maintains telecommunications and network (LAN, WAN, wireless and VOIP) multiplexers, hubs and Routers, and uses remote monitoring tools.
- Acts as escalation point within Network Administration organization to solve complex problems.
- SME on Network Routing & Switching
- Lead the resolution of technical business problems by analysing complex issues, preparing recommendations leading the adoption of relevant technology to remediate the issues.
- Develops vendor relationships as it relates to the administration of the COMPANY network.
- Manages the capacity and performance of network systems as assigned.
- Provides technical direction and engineering knowledge for communications activities including within the team structure and as assigned lead the planning, designing, developing, testing, installing and maintaining COMPANY networks.
- Leads the effort to identify repetitive issues seeking out root causes for issues affecting the COMPANY networks.
- Monitors usage of shared resources, and works with network engineers to resolve issues related to malfunctioning equipment. Selects, develops, integrates and implements network management applications.
- Expertise with Routing and Switching along with Firewalls as they relate to Network Administration
- Executes transformative business and technical plans that allow for the Network Administration team to support departmental strategies, goals and objectives.
- Resolution of technical business problems by analysing complex issues, preparing recommendations leading the adoption of relevant technology to remediate the issues.
- Ability to troubleshoot to identify and correct malfunctions and to help solve multi-faceted problems
- Demonstrates technical guidance for directing and monitoring of COMPANY network systems.
- Ensures that all configuration files are backed up as assigned.
- Performs complex maintenance activities.
- Troubleshoots complex routing, switching, wireless and security issues as assigned.
- Interfaces with 3rd party vendors TAC to ensure the timely resolution of complex network issues.
- Ensures that tools are operating at peak efficiency and providing actual and credible information to Network Services management.
- Utilizing vendor comparison and cost analysis plan large scale networks as assigned.
- Continually checks quality of the network as assigned by Network Services management.
- Performs the routine testing of network elements including failover, password recovery, redundancy, etc.
- Ensures that all network equipment can be remotely accessed and ensures that periodic audits are conducted to maintain readiness.
- Manage cabling vendors to ensure that network cabling is completed within specification
- Develops, monitors, troubleshoots and maintains telecommunications and network (LAN, WAN, and wireless) multiplexers, hubs and Routers, and uses remote monitoring tools
- Optimizes, monitors usage of shared resources, and works with network engineers to resolve issues related to malfunctioning equipment
- Partners directly with Network Engineering to resolve business problems through technical solutions
- Stay up-to-date on network-related technologies
- Develops, integrates and implements network management applications
- High School Diploma Required
- Bachelor's Degree Required (computer science, information systems or other industry related curriculum)
- 20 or more years of documented IT work experience
Specialized Skills and Technologies:
- Experience in Cisco Networking, Palo Alto, Aruba and other core hardware.
- Knowledge of OSPF, IGRP, EIGRP, BGP's advanced features, VLAN's and Multi- layer switching
- CCNP R&S or equivalent is required (Equivalent experience is acceptable.)
- R&S Administration in a Cisco environment with minimum 10 years' experience
- Capability to understand COMPANY application portfolio as well as how the different systems contribute to daily business operations
Travel Required? Yes
Domestic travel, approximately less than 50%