Source To Pay Process Specialist
Posted on Apr 16, 2019 by Juice Resource Solutions Limited
Source To Pay Process Specialist
GBS Procurement is an integral part of how the business and functions operate. GBS Procurement support delivery of the business and functional strategies by driving efficiency and effectiveness. The GBS Procurement Source to Pay (S2P) Global Process team is part of the Strategy and Transformation pillar and has Group ownership of S2P process.
The S2P Process Specialist provides support to the S2P Process Manager (part of S2P GPO) and is responsible for supporting the effective management of the S2P global process design standards. The S2P Process Specialist will assist the Global Programme Office (GPO) in planning and executing business process management/standardisation projects, interfacing with the Embedded business units and service delivery teams, to ensure process consistency across regional and organisational boundaries. In this role the S2P Process Specialist will be responsible for driving process standards across the full category management life cycle for GBS Procurement managed categories including category strategy creation, execution and planning and Group source to pay process. They will be expected to apply their procurement experience and knowledge from external networks to understand industry best practice leading to improvement opportunities.
* Drive harmonisation of full category life cycle management processes across GBS: providing cross-divisional process standards
* Drive integration between Procurement and all other S2P business processes with the target of end-to-end optimisation
* Coordinate with the GPO and GBS service delivery teams to standardise where appropriate, share learning and best practices, and ensure alignment with the end-to-end process objectives and initiatives
Process Analysis & CI Opportunity Identification
* Produce insights using the relevant business analytics on S2P processes performances
* Assess aspects of S2P process performance and efficiency against market capabilities to identify improvement opportunities
* Using the metrics, engage in a dialogue with business and service delivery stakeholders to discuss priorities and approach to process enhancements
* Lead process discovery walkthroughs with the Embedded business teams and service delivery teams to identify most impactful changes.
CI Opportunity Evaluation
* Assess new business requirements out of the S2P network and lead discovery of solutions and/or alternatives: activities including business case preparation and alignment of S2P Process Manager
* Working with IT&S and solution template teams, participate in the review of system capabilities to determine if requested process change are aligned with approved global standards
* Recommend process and system changes to enhance process standardisation and simplification
* Maintain S2P service catalogue for Procurement ensuring all agreed scope changes are fully documented and updated in ARIS and other core applications
Project Management & Support
* Implement globally harmonised processes and application landscape according to agreed priorities and time lines: drive implementation through projects and enhancements
* Support project team and stakeholders in decision making and sign-off all future S2P process designs
* Working with the Business Optimisation teams, direct business process improvement initiatives to reduce process variation, transform business processes and capabilities
* Provide project management support as needed, partnering with Business Optimisation to leverage resources and standard methodology (support Continuous Improvement approach and methodology)
* Facilitate workshops for process analysis, design and implementation activities
* Conduct review sessions for completed process/system requirements with key business users for
Process Maintenance & Operational Integrity
* Work with regional Business Optimisation teams to maintain Global Process model & ensure on-going integrity
* Engage with the GBS S2P service delivery teams in order to understand their needs, and measure and monitor to ensure operational service requirements are met
* Collaborate with process operational leads to evaluate and identify gaps in current processes to ensure appropriate control measures are in place and corporate control requirements are met.
* Collaborate with ?EAM Manager & Change Advisor' and/or ?Business Process Management' team to ensure proper process design and documentation
Essential Education and Experience
Bachelor degree or equivalent in related area
Significant experience in category management including, sourcing and contracting
Have in-depth knowledge of Procurement processes and how to make them measurable.
Skilled at developing business requirements and participating in/leading large scale process re-design initiatives
Can demonstrate significant experience in delivering sustainable business solutions & process simplification
Relevant, previous experience with Continuous Improvement tools and methodologies
Skilled at quickly building relationships & networks across a broad range of stakeholders and geographies
Excellent interpersonal, communicating and influencing skills required given diverse operating landscape
Be able to relate to customers & explain complex systems/processes in simple terms, both written & verbally
Strong knowledge of tools and systems associated with data gathering, compilation and analysis
Strong PMO and/or operating rigour are clear essentials for this role given the strong focus on process discipline and standard adherence required
Very strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
Skilled in Microsoft Suite of applications (Visio, Excel, Project and PowerPoint).
Personal time management skills and ability to meet individual and team deadlines.
Ability to think outside-the-box.
Training and certification in Six-Sigma or similar quality management experience
Oil industry experience & knowledge with an understanding of the terminology, business functions & processes.
Send your CV to (see below)
Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are not able to get back to everyone who applies.