Posted on Apr 16, 2019 by Stelfox Ltd
Location: Dublin City Centre
Duration: 12 months rolling contract
Are you a Data Architect searching for your next contract position? A major client of Stelfox are looking to recruit a Data Architect to join the team in Dublin as they migrate from their existing systems to the Hadoop environment.
We are looking for someone drawn to problem solving with evidence-based decisions and working with the customer to exceed their expectations. Someone who is results focused and enjoys the challenge of driving the team to success, completing deadlines easily. Not forgetting the technical aspect of Datamodelling both Logical and Physical, a strong knowledge of data warehouses, and a knowledge of Big Data Technologies.
- Review and understand business requirements to guide the creation of a comprehensive, coherent, and effective overall data architecture
- You will collaborate with multiple teams to review all design changes and assess the impact of changes to the data warehouse and downstream systems.
- You will work closely with the analysts, developers, data management and data quality resources to ensure all requirements that will impact design or SLA are elicited.
- Design and support the delivery of a single, consistent, accurate and reconciled source of data for MI, Analytics and Reporting.
- Assume responsibility for all design artefacts, data flow diagrams and work with modellers to produce the conceptual, logical and physical data models
- Define the data design patterns and standards while recommending designs to optimise database and ETL performance
- Previous experience working with a large data warehouse platform preferably Teradata from a design and modelling capacity.
- Excellent communication, organisational and time management skills, including the ability to deliver under pressure to tight timescales.
- Experience in ETL technologies and concepts such as Ab Initio
- Desire to research new technologies, particularly Hadoop, Kafka, Cassandra
If you are excited by the prospect of putting your skills to the test in a new position, apply today for immediate consideration or contact me directly on (see below) or by phone.