Life Sciences Subject Matter Expert: £800-£850 Per Day (Multinational)
Posted on Apr 16, 2019 by FORTE ICT
Life Sciences Consultant (SME Life Sciences):
Life Science Domain Consulting is looking for a Senior Consultant/Domain SME to join our client's London office. The right person for the role will help us to deliver consulting projects enabled by technology. Our client combines unique perspectives and proven expertise from across consulting, design and engineering disciplines and in helping to challenge convention and create compelling experiences that delight users and transform businesses.
Consultants are expected to work with clients across the full project life cycle. They will assess current state operations and technology capabilities in order to develop target operating models and roadmaps that guide organizations to realizing results through digital transformation, and with a particular emphasis on the Digital Experience, Digital Cost Transformation, Digital Health Solutions, and Digital Engineering.
The senior consultant/domain expert is expected to break strategic objectives down into achievable projects, supported by compelling business cases. They help clients to clarify their digital options, prioritize where to invest, and understand what return they should get from their recommendations. As projects move into the delivery phase the domain SME retains involvement and works to assure that projects focus on delivering the client's business objectives and ensuring that the recommendations and solutions deliver their full value potential.
My client is particularly interested in candidates with deep experience Life Sciences or the Pharmaceutical sectors.
- Lead Life Sciences consulting proposals and delivery efforts including developing the project logic, project design, detailed work streams, team structure, and deliverables
- Develop strong key client relationships, managing client expectations and presenting final recommendations persuasively to senior teams
- Develop a strategic vision around enterprise data management while guiding the client around regulatory requirements
- Facilitate and lead working sessions with clients, subject matter experts, stakeholders, consulting teams and technical teams
- Help our clients assess their current digital technology maturity, identify gaps and shape a comprehensive, end-to-end digital blueprint and technology roadmap
- Isolate key client issues as part of a pursuit or delivery effort and identify potential solutions to address those issues through a consultative approach
- Partner with other Practices and Delivery teams to ensure success in pursuits and delivery
- Develops governance process and criteria for evaluating and managing projects
- Play a key role as a visible leader throughout the enterprise leading change and delivering value
Bachelor's degree required; Masters in a relevant field from a top university preferred or equivalent level of evidence of business understanding through work experience.
- Proven thought leadership in the Life Science industry with a background in enterprise data management, data science involvement and data governance
- 10+ years Pharma/Life Sciences or Medical Device industry experience with strong knowledge of the EU markets and environment
- 10+ years in Domain Consulting and Information Architecture with experience in at least one master data management project
- Strong stakeholder management and interpersonal skills
- Structured thinker; ability to present complex concepts in concise terms across all levels of the organisation
- Good understanding of a range of analysis, visualisation and modelling techniques
- Good understanding of the regulatory environment including HIPAA, GxP and GDPR
- Strong knowledge of Medidata Rave and other trial management systems, CDISC standards
- Working knowledge of FIHR and HL7 standards, EMR data, Safety Data and integration methods
- Ability to lead teams across multiple functions/geographies
- Comfortable designing and facilitating workshops involving a broad spectrum of stakeholders
- Nice to have - working knowledge on AI and ML models leveraging large data lakes
Michael Page Technology