Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Home Health - Clinical Care Support
Posted on Apr 16, 2019 by Theracare Inc
Home Health Care Solutions believes that home care services are an essential part of the health delivery system. We believe the contributions of the aged, diseased and/or disabled are no less important than the contributions of other members of our society. We recognize that clients and families have rights to participate in planning for their care; to make decisions about their health care, and to maintain their independence as long as possible. We strive to keep individuals healthy, so they can stay in the comfort of their familiar surroundings.
Home Health Care Solutions believes that every individual should have the right to receive safe, professional care in the comfort of their own residence. We are committed to the care of individuals within the structure of their own environments, allowing maximum contribution, independence, and retention of self-respect.
1. Performs with the scope of practice to assist the Registered Nurse in the continuity of patient care.
2. Ensures quality home health services to patients.
3. Implements current nursing practice following the patient assessment and written care planning by the Registered Nurse.
4. Provides patient/family/caregiver education pertinent to diagnosis, care plan and patients ability to learn.
5. Assists in coordination of home health services and appropriately reports the need for disciplines to the RN Case Manager.
6. Provides accurate and timely documentation of patient services and status, including physical, mental and social, to reflect the plan of care.
7. Proficient is use of computer for electronic documentation related to patient care and for interdisciplinary communication.
8. Maintains excellent infection control techniques.
9. Assists patient in maintaining a safe home environment.
10. Uses equipment and supplies effectively and efficiently.
11. Demonstrates competency in procedures per agency policy prior to performance.
12. Attends all mandatory agency staff meetings, case conferences and educational offerings.
13. Participates in professional growth and development.
14. Clinically review all referrals and complete worksheet.
15. Schedule all Northern Indiana SOC's.
16. Organize flu vaccine clinics in coordination with Business Development including scheduling nurse for Clinics.
17. Triage patient, physician office and patient calls.
18. Responsible for obtaining verbal orders as needed.
19. QA Discharge Oasis.
20. Back-up Intake/Scheduling Department as needed.
- Graduate of an accredited practical or vocational nursing program.
- Licensed to practice in the State of Indiana.
- Minimum of one (1) year nursing experience in Med-Surg required.
- Home care nursing experience preferred.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Participation in short and long-term disability
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Mileage Reimbursement