Senior Maintenance Mechanic
Posted on Apr 16, 2019 by Altria
What will you be doing?
- You ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines.
- You will diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components (mechanical and electrical), using test equipment and hand tools to determine root cause of a breakdown and to correct the problem.
- You'll utilize performance data to trend and identify continuous improvement opportunities in a manufacturing environment.
- You are proficient in using welding, hydraulics, chains, belting, pneumatics, HVAC, PLC I/O devices and circuitry. You will use these skills to repair and maintain production equipment.
- You are able to read and interpret electrical schematics and mechanical drawings. You can follow diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications.
- You can troubleshoot older machinery when no schematics are available.
- You utilize a computer database to document all relevant maintenance work performed. (Work orders, requisition forms, PM task, etc.).
- You will maintain an organized work area to ensure tools, parts, and materials are stored in a neat and orderly manner to enhance efficiency. You will also maintain housekeeping expectations.
- You foster an environment that promotes a culture of safety, quality, CC&S, and regulatory compliance guided by procedures, rules, and regulations.
- You will cultivate a team environment by participating in team meetings, documenting actions, and communicating opportunities and ongoing tasks.
What does your background and experience look like?
- You possess a High School Diploma or GED. You have 3+ years mechanical experience with specific mechanical training and or certifications.
- You are expected to pursue continuing education classes during your working life to keep up with changes in the industry.
- You can work independently, follow written and verbal instructions, and work cooperatively with other personnel.
- You demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of strong team processes, engagement skills with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Intermediate computer skills to include Microsoft Office programs.
- We prefer mechanical experience in a regulated environment.
- You are skilled in troubleshooting and problem solving.
- You are willing to work in a manufacturing setting across different shifts.
- You can handle multiple priorities often with short deadlines and in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability work at heights and close quarters, crawl under and over equipment, and lift up to 50 lbs.
Each Altria company is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected class.