RN ED *Sign on bonus eligible*
Posted on Apr 16, 2019 by CHI Franciscan Health
Daily Schedule: 7pm-730am
Weekends Required: Occasional
Location: Harrison Medical Center - Bremerton, WA
Harrison Medical Center is an award winning hospital for Cardiology, Intensive Care and Oncology. We are located on the beautiful Washington State Peninsula offering an incredible variety of outdoor life including hiking, boating and skiing. We are part of the CHI Franciscan System and are a non-profit organization.
Our state of the art Emergency Department is comprised of 36 private rooms, including two trauma rooms. Our outstanding staff provide compassionate, high quality care that is respectful and patient and family-centered. Our nurses utilize advanced technology and evidence-based guidelines in caring for our patients. Our patient population includes all types of critically ill cases such as sepsis, MI, trauma caused by falls, COPD, CHF and renal failure to name a few. We have a Cath Lab on site and can take code STEMI patients 24/7.
What we Offer:
• Team Scheduling
• Over 150 Free CEU classes
• Pay for certification
• Competitive Pay and Benefits
Demonstrates competent professional practice and engages in opportunities for professional growth.
Demonstrates self-accountability to meet stated deadlines for all mandatory requirements.
Provides health care education and guidance to patient and their families.
Educates regarding results, findings and diagnoses to patient and the patient's family within scope of practice.
• Graduation from an accredited school of nursing, BSN preferred
• Minimum 6 months previous RN experience required.
• Previous Emergency experience or Critical Care experience within the last 2 years preferred
• Current licensure as a Registered Nurse issued by the Washington State Board of Nursing.
• Current Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association
• Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) (1-month grace period allowed for ACLS if expired).
• Trauma Nurse Core Curriculum (TNCC) within twelve months of date of hire. Certification must be maintained as current thereafter.
• National Institutes of Health Strokes Scale (NIHSS) certification within six months of date of hire, and maintained as current thereafter.
• Emergency Nurse Pediatric Certification (ENPC) OR Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) within twelve months of date of hire.
Certification(s) must be maintained as current thereafter.
Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) certification is preferred.
- Requisition ID: 2018-R
- Schedule: Part-time
- Shift: Night Job
- Market: CHI-Franciscan Harrison Medical Center