Clinic RN - Urgent Care
Posted on Apr 16, 2019 by CHI Franciscan Health
Facility: Harrison Medical Center
Department: Urgent Care
Location: Belfair, WA
Job Status: Full Time
CHI Franciscan Health has exciting and rewarding careers with competitive salaries and benefits. We are a family of hospitals, health care services, and medical providers delivering compassionate care to people throughout the South Puget Sound. We are part of Catholic Health Initiatives, one of the largest not-for-profit health care systems in the country.
Our mission is to deliver high quality care that meets our patients' medical needs while providing emotional and spiritual support to patients and their families. We believe this three-part approach - physical, emotional, and spiritual - is essential to healing the whole person. Come join our team!
Provides care and support to patients under the direction of the physician and/or mid-level provider. Contributes to the planning and delivery of patient focused care.
- Screens, communicates and responds to patient needs appropriately; managing patient flow to ensure enough time for patient care and family education. Delegates tasks to other caregivers as license permits.
- Greet and prepare patients for practitioner. Provide patient mobility assistance, as necessary. Obtain and record vital signs and other appropriate information, such as height, weight, drug allergies, current medications and presenting problem. Anticipates the needs of the patient and the practitioner during the exam.
- Administer ordered medications via oral, subcutaneous, intramuscular, intradermal, or sublingual routes. Start IV's, maintain and administer IV fluids/meds as ordered by provider.
- Under supervision of the practitioner, inform patients of lab results, call in prescriptions to pharmacies and return practitioners' phone messages. Ensure that the patient or family understands follow-up and referral information. Provide general health education within own level of expertise and as directed by practitioner and nurse supervisor;
- Prepare, clean and sterilize instruments and maintain equipment; keep patient exam rooms clean and orderly; dispose of contaminated items according to Franciscan Medical Group Exposure Control Plan; anticipate Practitioner's needs for medications, supplies and equipment and plan accordingly.
- Assist with diagnostic tests and procedures to appropriate level of training and established procedures. Ensure patient privacy and comfort during the exam; instruct patients in the collection of samples and other tests.
- Actively participate in continuing education and meetings; participates in committees as requested; and participants in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations.
- Triages and responds to patient telephone call using approved protocols; ensuring documentation of the phone call meets standards.
- Graduate of accredited school of Registered Nursing approved by the WA State Board of Nursing required, BSN preferred.
- One year clinic RN experience or 2 years of acute care experience preferred
- Current WA State license as RN required
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS certification
- Requisition ID: 2019-R
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Market: CHI-Franciscan Harrison Medical Center