Senior IT Technical Specialist
Posted on Apr 16, 2019 by Covance
In order to improve productivity and support business growth and the transformation of the organization into a "best in class" service organization, we are looking for an experienced, creative and dynamic individual who can assist the team in achieving its goals. Due to the critical nature of this role, candidates must have proven experience with a broad range of technical roles in large enterprise settings, driving standards, best practices, championing internal system improvements, and achieving high customer satisfaction. The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, engineering creative and cost-effective solutions, end to end operational support, capacity planning, performance monitoring, systems integration, and participating in or managing technical projects.
The successful candidate will have extensive practical experience with monitoring concepts and technologies, and be proactive with instituting environment management. This person will design and implement system and application performance models, end to end workflow monitoring, event correlation analysis, and incident drill down diagnosis, in a complex IT operating environment. The candidate will have experience with and a working knowledge of Incident Management, Problem Management, and Change Management. This person will be required to participate in analysis of production issues, whether functional or performance, to assist with identifying root cause, providing best practice recommendations as needed. The candidate will be required to create measures and synthesize business transactions, to extrapolate from data collection and report on both system capacity and/or application performance for a variety of business services and workflows using a purpose-appropriate reporting tool or dashboard. This person may be called upon to train users in basic operation of approved monitoring tools for effective and efficient use, and participate in application load testing and DevOps processes used in our company.
This role is located at our HQ in North Carolina.
LabCorp (NYSE: LH), an S&P 500 company, is a leading global life sciences company that is deeply integrated in guiding patient care, providing comprehensive clinical laboratory and end-to-end drug development services. With a mission to improve health and improve lives, LabCorp delivers world-class diagnostic solutions, brings innovative medicines to patients faster and uses technology to improve the delivery of care. LabCorp reported net revenues of over $10 billion in 2017.
BS in Computer Science or related engineering / IT technology and a minimum of 5-7 years related experienceExperience
- Experience with monitoring tool architecture, deployment, maintenance of multi-vendor tool suite environments, and compliance with published SLA's.
- Experience working with application & engineering teams to develop requirements that define monitoring and interpret alerting, notification and escalation requirements for managing an end user experience, assist with fault isolation, and deliver proactive environment health management analysis and reporting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Compuware dynaTrace monitoring tool including new installations, upgrades, license management, agent deployments, and application and product problem analysis/resolution, reporting, business transactions, and dashboarding. Knowledge of the dynaTrace UEM is helpful but not required. This person will be the lead staff member for all things dynaTrace.
- Demonstrated understanding of underlying technologies -- e.g. hardware technologies, operating systems (UNIX, Linux, and Windows), network topologies and protocols, and databases. Prefer but do not require actual systems engineering experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of transaction processing, multi-tier application development, web infrastructure (web services, trend analysis, etc.) monitoring (including scripting synthetic transactions), defining meaningful metrics, identifying critical points in application workflow and leading appropriate corrective action.
- Actively lead in product evaluation, then recommending and implementing monitoring tools, standards, and processes.
- Actively mentor technical skill development within Enterprise Systems Monitoring (ESM) team.
- Effective communication skills with all internal personnel and, appropriately engaging vendor resources.
- Expected to participate in on-call support.
- Preferred knowledge of NetCool, Hyperic, Splunk, Nagios, vROPS, vCO, and VCE Vision.