CLINICAL THERAPIST, INDEPENDENTLY LICENSED
Posted on Apr 16, 2019 by Neighborhood Family Practice
Neighborhood Family Practice is a great place to work! We offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits.
BEHAVIORAL HEALTH SERVICES CLINICAL THERAPIST, INDEPENDENTLY LICENSED
1. Position Summary:
(Overall purpose of this position)
- The Behavioral Health Services Clinical Therapist will provide behavioral health services for Neighborhood Family Practice (NFP) patients. Clinical therapists will generally have a specialty with adults or a specialty with children, adolescents and families.
2. Essential duties and responsibilities which must be performed in order to carry out the position purpose summarized above:
(The following description is a general representation of the key duties and responsibilities of this position. Other duties may be assigned, as required.)
- Able to provide screening, referral, diagnosis, treatment and follow-up to NFP patients who have been referred by their providers or other professional staff at NFP for Behavioral Health (BH) and/or substance abuse problems.
- Provide individual and/or group BH therapy to patients of NFP.
- To collaborate, coordinate, consult and provide immediate intervention (hot handoffs) on an ongoing basis with NFP's professional staff who provide primary and preventative care.
- To complete, in a timely manner, all required Electronic Medical Records (EMR) documentation and other paperwork (including chart records, forms for patients, collaborative forms, etc.) from NFP and the BHS department.
- As applicable, work with parents, guardians, spouses, schools and others to manage cases, provide communication and care coordination.
- Work closely with BH team to screen, assess, triage and manage all NFP BH referrals.
- Assist the other BH staff in treatment of our clients, both individually and in group. This will also include case discussion, collaboration and planning. This may require sessions with the clients at Neighborhood Family Practice, their home, a hospital or school visit, or other participating agency.
- Actively participate in monthly BH team meetings and assigned Care Team meetings. In the former, to promote integration by serving as a liaison, resource and consultant for the BH department and to assist with communication and further develop medical knowledge base.
- Attend relevant training courses as assigned.
A. Specific knowledge, training or skills required to perform the duties of this position.
Specific concepts, courses, training programs or required certifications:
(To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Master's degree in social work, counseling, or related clinical field.
- Bilingual English/Spanish Strongly preferred
- Current license in the State of Ohio and able to practice independently.
- Chemical dependency certification/licensure preferred.
- Willingness to enroll in insurance panels as needed by NFP.
- Demonstrated expertise in clinical areas needed to diagnose and treat NFP patients.
- Ability to work collaboratively and as a team member of the Behavioral Health Services department.
- Computer proficiency: Microsoft Office Suite, Web maintenance, database management.
B. Essential Physical Demands and Working Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Ability to see, communicate, hear and utilize electronic communication devices.
- Office work environment.
- Work environment is stressful at times.
- Demonstrated ability to walk, sit or stand for long periods of time. Requires some lifting papers or boxes up to 25 pounds.
- Required to work one evening per week.
C. Previous experience that is necessary background to qualify for this position:
- At least 2 years' experience in social work, counseling or related clinical field.
REPORTS TO AND EVALUATED BY: VP of Behavioral Health