Senior Desktop Engineer
Posted on Apr 16, 2019 by Thompson Hine LLP
We are currently seeking a Full time Senior Desktop Engineer in our downtown Cleveland office. This position is primarily responsible for the ongoing design, maintenance and third-level support of the firm's desktop operating systems and extended applications.
Specific responsibilities and functions include the following;
- Stay abreast of current technologies and trends from Microsoft Desktop Operating Systems and Office Application Suite. Review and test new operating systems and software upgrades to Desktop OS and all other third party applications prior to deployment.
- Responsible for architecting and maintaining the required infrastructure for deployment of Firm images, applications, software, and patches.
- Use automated method of distributing updated DAT files to desktops throughout the Firm. Responsible for ongoing administration related to these updates.
- Provide third-level support to Help Desk personnel as well as all support in all Firm offices (including advanced troubleshooting, phone support of Desktop OS and Extended Applications).
- Responsible for installation and maintenance of applications defined as Extended applications. Coordinate support efforts between 1st and 2nd level support, product vendors, trainers and users.
Qualified candidates with have 10 years' experience with desktop management and software integration, preferably in the legal or professional services industry. Prior experience with System Center Client Management (SCCM) and the related Configuration Manager Server is required. Must have advanced knowledge of Microsoft-based operating systems including registry modifications and group policy objects. Ability to adapt to new technologies, navigate change in a fast-paced environment, and take ownership of problems through to resolution is necessary.