IT Service Desk Agent - Banking, Brussels
Posted on Apr 16, 2019 by Computer Recruitment Services
NK419 IT Service Desk Agent - Banking, Brussels
The mission is within the division of the bank delivering IT shared services related to application hosting, end-user services and infrastructure support to the business entities.
The IT Service Desk is supporting the internal users when they are facing incidents with their working environment. The service goes from resolving technical incidents directly with the user calling the Help Desk up to the creation of tickets for the other supporting teams (IT and wider), doing the follow-up of the incident resolution, while keeping the user informed of the progresses made and providing him/her with any relevant information to minimise the negative impact of the incident. The function also includes participating to the effort of improvement of the actual Knowledge Base and the future one as well.
The IT Service Desk is a part of End User Services Team that focus on End User environment maintenance and improvement. And Help Desk is working in close collaboration with the Production Monitoring team (central incident management team) for the general incidents affecting several end-users.
The main entry point is Telephone, ticketing system and mail, but future tools may include other communication means for the intake.
The Help Desk is the team in direct contact with the entire organization, across all locations and covering a very large panel of events for which the internal end-users need support (incidents, questions, requests): we offer you the opportunity to develop your people management capacity in an international +5.000 colleagues company and to increase your technical competencies in a modern and complex technical environment. You will join a stimulating multi-cultural team supporting all the group entities, allowing you to grow your understanding of IT and end-user services across the group. Your role will combine field work and contacts with people of all levels in the company.
IT Service Desk
Provides technical support to the organization's internal users of computer applications and hardware.
Issues can vary from simple questions to more complicated matters.
In that context you have to:
- Answer client questions and gives information, advice or instructions to clients within time and guidelines.
- Answer and registers client questions in the available system.
- Cooperates internally to answer client questions, solve issues and document new finding in Knowledge Base.
- Analyze and interpret client questions to determine the incident and solve it either directly or by assigning issue to correct Second Level Support Team.
- Offer fitting and creative solutions for client issues which meet all previously fixed quality standards.
- Escalate calls within the given time guidelines.
- Handle many requests in a short amount of time and is responsible for client satisfaction with regard to all performed activities.
- Document precisely the incident context and maintains a troubleshooting tracking log ensure timely resolution of incidents and maintain the team's knowledge base.
You are a Help Desker with preferably a previous experience, quick learner and end user focused requiring minor supervision after a short timeframe of training. You are fluent in English and preferably communicate in the 2 national languages.
The following criteria describes the overall expectations of the function:
- Complexity & problem solving: Handles standard situation by relying on existing procedures and methods
- Decision making: Relies on existing processes and policies
- Strategic approach and impact: Focuses on execution in his domain, according to defined processes and methods. Runs and maintains the operational process.
- Autonomy and leadership: Within controlled circumstances independently organises and plans activities. Sequence of activities is planned by the job and priorities for own work is set by the job. Makes objective analysis of requests, identifies issues and validates requirements
Reference: NK 419
Start date: 2/5/19
Duration: 7 months
Language; English with Dutch and/or French
Rate:300-325 euros per day