Posted on Apr 16, 2019 by Experis IT
Position: DevOps/Cloud Engineer
Location: Athlone, Ireland
Salary: Negotiable Yearly Salary + Excellent Benefits
Contract Type: Permanent
Our client a global software services organization is looking for an experienced DevOps/Cloud Engineer to join their team and support their end clients
DevOps/Cloud Engineer Key Responsibilities:
- Get involved in all phases of the Docker adoption including analysis of the current situation and ways to implement the solution, establishing best practice and implementation guidelines.
- Analyze current architecture and make architectural changes as needed.
- Interact with our Architecture, Development, DBA and Infrastructure teams to help us define interoperability across systems and processes.
- Work with a cross functional agile deployment team to implement our migration plan.
DevOps/Cloud Engineer Requirements:
- A 3rd level degree in Computer Science/IT
- In-depth knowledge and experience in designing and implementing Cloud based infrastructure in AWS
- Proven experience in the automated deployment of infrastructure and services using CloudFormation in AWS
- A good understanding of the principles/methodologies and tools used in Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, Security, Monitoring, Rolling Deployments,Failover, Auto-Scaling, and Backups using (and not limited to):
- AWS EC2, RDS, CloudHSM, Docker, NginX, Apache, MySQL, TLS/SSL
- Linux systems administration (Ubuntu) and bash Scripting
- ELK stack (Elastic)
- Jenkins, Ansible
- In-depth knowledge of designing and deploying highly available solutions in AWS using VPC's and Route53
- Excellent working knowledge of both Windows and Linux operating systems
- Excellent experience in working with AWS, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, Chef, Ansible, Jenkins, GIT
- as Systems Engineer in a Windows and Linux environment
- AWS Certifications in any of Architect/Dev-Ops/Developer roles would be a distinct advantage
K2 Partnering Solutions Ltd
Parham Consulting Ltd
Stott and May