Scrum Master/Project Manager- Barcelona,Spain
Posted on Apr 16, 2019 by NextLink Solutions
Are you looking for an interesting and challenging project in Spain and are you an experienced Scrum Master?
If yes, this is the right opportunity for you!
NextLink is having an existing position as a Scrum Master for global projects in Barcelona area, Spain for our client within Pharmaceutical industry.
- Duration: 6 months+ possible extension
- Work load: 100%
- Work location: Barcelona, Spain
- Conduct all Scrum meetings including sprint planning, daily standups, and retrospectives at release level
- Ensure continuous management of active backlog.
- Ensure writing clear user stories.
- Manage project storyboards.
- Calculate and communicate team velocity.
- Actively communicate and coordinate team needs, progress, and barriers with other Digital teams and managers.
- Mentor development team members on Scrum principles, best practices and technical growth
- Working with Digital supervisors and teams, bridge development team tools and processes with existing digital operations, changes, release requirements and processes.
- Coaching team in value based prioritization and challenge the norm, time to time to ensure focus is on delivering value. Coaching Product owner and team in writing effective user stories
- Coaching Scrum Masters in conducting effective scrum ceremonies Sprint planning meetings/Sprint Review Meeting/Sprint Retrospective/Backlog grooming meetings
- Coordinate efforts of project members to stay on schedule and accomplish defined objectives. Produce regular project reports including milestone status, risks, issues and concerns, and recommendations for action to remain on schedule.
- Anticipate issues and proactively develop contingency plans.
- Facilitate communication with project sponsors, stakeholders, team members, service and support personnel, and management by creating and executing a communication plan.
- 5+ years in large multi-national organizations
- 2+ years of work experience in leading programs/projects effectively in cross-functional teams spread in different geographies
- 2+ years of Scrum Master Experience focused on managing software projects through the complete agile project life cycle
- 1+ years of general project management experience that includes the following:
- Managing IT projects through their entire life cycle, including successful completion and closeout.
- Managing multiple concurrent projects.
- Staffing and managing project resources in a weak Matrix organization.
- Client and vendor management.
- Risk management and issues resolution.
- Experience in pharmaceutical/healthcare/medical device industry and/or highly regulated environments
- Outstanding planning, reporting, analytical and organizational skills
- Interpersonal, problem solving skills, compelling storyboarding, presentation skills and influencing abilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to setup and manage project user stories and tasks in JIRA.
- Knowledge of Kanban theory and tools
- Fluent in English, skills in German or any other language is an asset
- Scrum Master certification from a recognized provider.
- Track record of continued and recent education in Scrum - including training, and participation in conferences, user groups, podcasts, etc.
- Knowledge of DevOps principles and best practices.
- Customer focused (internal and external), growth & Explorer mindsets communicative, approachable and fun
- Persistence to overcome challenges during the journey
- Stakeholder management and intellectual curiosity, creative thinking