CNA - Mercy
Posted on Apr 16, 2019 by Elder Care Alliance
Job Category Clinical Services
Who We Are
An Elder Care Alliance Community
Mercy Retirement & Care Center
Do you enjoy working with seniors? Do you want to work in a setting where you are valued and appreciated? Mercy Retirement & Care Center is a vibrant retirement community located in Oakland. We provide senior assisted living, memory care, skilled nursing and rehabilitation services to meet a variety of health care needs. We pride ourselves on being a person-centered community and value our employees and residents. We are currently hiring.
About This Career Opportunity
- Provides direct and indirect resident care activities under the direction of an RN or LVN.
- Assists residents with activities of daily living, including providing for personal care and comfort.
- Provides general nursing care such as positioning residents, lifting and turning residents, applying/utilizing special equipment, assisting in use of bedpan or commode, and ambulating the residents.
- Provides morning and/or evening care, which may include bed bath, shower or whirlpool, oral hygiene, combing hair, back care, dressing residents, changing bed linen, cleaning overbed table and bedside stand, straightening room and other general care as necessary throughout the day.
- Monitors residents on ongoing basis for condition or behavior and unusual incidents and reports to RN or LVN.
- Assists in the maintenance of a safe and clean environment for an assigned group of residents.
Are You Qualified?
Here's what you need:
- Ability to interact with residents, families, coworkers, managers and other departmental personnel in a kind, knowledgeable, professional and friendly manner.
- Current First Aid Training and Certifications as per Title 22.
- Must possess effective English verbal and written communication skills with the ability to successfully work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Working knowledge of computers and typing, sufficient enough to be successful with computerized Point of Care and other systems.
- Minimum of six months in long term care, home care or related field.