Dishwasher/Utility - Mercy
Posted on Apr 16, 2019 by Elder Care Alliance
Job Category Culinary Services
Who We Are
Mercy Retirement & Care Center
Do you enjoy working with seniors? Do you want to work in a setting where you are valued and appreciated? Mercy Retirement & Care Center is a vibrant retirement community located in Oakland. We provide senior assisted living, memory care, skilled nursing and rehabilitation services to meet a variety of health care needs. We pride ourselves on being a person-centered community and value our employees and residents. We are currently hiring.
About This Career Opportunity
A Dishwasher/Utility Worker:
- Performs a wide variety of cleaning, transport and serving functions to ensure the efficient operation of the Food Service Department.
- Cleans dishes, equipment and surfaces according to department procedures and schedules.
- Assigned work may include cleaning fixtures and equipment such as ovens, stoves, fryers, steam kettles, hoods, refrigerators, grease traps, carts, counters, floors, carpets, pots, pans, and catering equipment.
- Transports supplies to various areas of department and community in a timely manner, including dinning rooms and tray service.
- Performs routine sweeping and trash removal with quality results.
Are You Qualified?
Here's what you need:
- Must possess effective English verbal and written communication skills with the ability to successfully work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Flexibility in work assignments.
- Positive attitude and work ethic.
- Attention to detail.
- Current First Aid Training and Certifications as per Title 22.
- 6 months or more in long term care, home care or related field preferred.