Life Enrichment Coordinator - San Francisco
Posted on Apr 16, 2019 by Elder Care Alliance
Job Category Life Enrichment/Activities
Who We Are
An Elder Care Alliance Community
AlmaVia of San Francisco
Do you enjoy working with seniors? Do you want to work in a setting where you are valued and appreciated? AlmaVia of San Francisco is a vibrant retirement community located within walking distance from the Daly City BART Station. We pride ourselves on being a person-centered community and value our employees and residents. We are currently hiring.
About This Career Opportunity
The Life Enrichment Coordinator:
- Researches, plans, coordinates, and implements a varied daily program of activities designed to meet recreational needs of residents and to increase stimulation in their environment.
- Works closely with Life Enrichment Director, Coordinators, Volunteers and staff in providing programming to stimulate and support the social, physical and emotional functioning of the residents.
- Provides transportation for all residents, especially assisting frail residents, in the community van or bus to medical appointments and other outings.
- Interacts with residents, families, coworkers, managers and other departmental personnel in a kind, knowledgeable, professional and friendly manner to promote service excellence.
Are You Qualified?
Here's what you need:
- Geriatric education or experience required
- Minimum of one year of experience working in long term care setting, home care or a related field strongly desired.
- Ability to speak, read, write and understand English, and successfully work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Current First Aid Training and Certifications as per Title 22.
- Positive work ethic and concern for elders.
"Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status"
San Francisco Business Times