Posted on Apr 16, 2019 by Airlines Reporting Corporation
Job ID: 2
# of Openings: 1
Category: Technology Development and Engineering
Successfully lead a technical QA Engineering team with a strong sense of quality ownership. Highly developed tactical and strategic skills as the SQ Engineer supervisor is expected to participate actively in the continual improvement efforts of the SDLC. Build and maintain a test automation framework and process. Coordinate automated testing across multiple projects, devices, browsers and environments. Identify improvements, provide support, and ensure adherance to quality automation standards. Maintain required automated test documentation and reporting. Work in cross-functional teams with development and collaborate with all project team members in a productive way.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Review and interpret requirements/user stories, and design documents to gain an understanding of the application(s) or areas. Perform analysis to derive automated test scope, strategy, functional and performance scripts. Provide support of the quality processes across the project team.
- Participate on cross-functional teams / multi-site meetings and initiatives; ensure the interdepartmental integration of the automation function in software test planning. Contribute to project discussion and provide expertise on feasibility of functionality and testability of ideas and requirements. Coordination of automated testing across multiple projects and environments, streamline for efficiency and minimize redundancy. Reduce the risk of defects and provide in-depth root cause analysis.
- Work with Development teams to stand up and maintain DevOps practices. Exercises good judgement in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining solutions.
- Write and execute simple to highly complex SQL statements. Automated test execution for functional verification, system integration, and backend validation. Review and present scripts that meet the project goals and department strategies.
- Look to improve the testing framework by creating and modifying functions. Recommend automation process improvements as needed. Define and maintain automation standards. Ensure team members adhere to standards.
- Provide automated testing baseline and LOE's for more complex projects and changes, as determined by project needs. Breakdown LOE and allocate to testing tasks as input to project plan. Enter and approve QA change requests that are accurate and follow processes while ensuring they are clearly stated and approved in a timely manner.
Skills & Abilities
Functional Knowledge Required: Expert knowledge of software automated testing methodologies and principles (such as unit, smoke, build verification, functional, and performance). Experience and in depth knowledge of automated scripting using testing tools, frameworks, documenting, and problem solving. In depth knowledge of software development methodologies (Lean and Agile). Expert knowledge of the product development lifecycle. Expert knowledge in database testing with a sound knowledge of database concepts and experience in highly complex SQL scripting.
Business Expertise Required: General business knowledge learned from on the job experience. Knowledge of ARC strategy and objectives and how the automation work supports the overall goals.
Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM related field
- At least 8 years of experience as a Software Quality Engineer
- Experience implementing and building automated frameworks
- Expert knowledge in automation metrics/strategy, design, creation and maintenance of scripts
- Experience working in DevOps, continuous integration, and test driven development
- Experience in both functional and performance automated testing
- Experience testing applications in Cloud Based environments; Amazon AWS
- Familiar with Defect tracking tools (JIRA) and collaboration tools (Confluence)
- Experience with Load, stress and performance testing; i.e. Apache JMeter, LoadRunner
- Expert knowledge of QA methodologies and automated testing tools. I.e. Selenium, Protractor, Jenkins
- Experience with Test Case management applications; i.e. TestRail
- Familiar with Windows, UNIX and/or Linux environments
- Expert knowledge of RDBMS, SQL, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, and/or PostgreSQL
- Experience working in a fast paced web/cloud environment
- Excellent problem solving skills and providing process improvements in an application development environment
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Certification in agile development methodology and/or CSTE certification preferred
- Strong sense of ownership, leadership skills and drive high results
- Very strong communication and interpersonal skills
EOE M/F/D/V Females and Minorities Encouraged to Apply