Charge Nurse - Oakland
Posted on Apr 16, 2019 by Elder Care Alliance
Job Category Clinical Services
Who We Are
An Elder Care Alliance Community
Mercy Retirement & Care Center
Do you enjoy working with seniors? Do you want to work in a setting where you are valued and appreciated? Mercy Retirement & Care Center is a vibrant retirement community located in Oakland. We provide senior assisted living, memory care, skilled nursing and rehabilitation services to meet a variety of health care needs. We pride ourselves on being a person-centered community and value our employees and residents. We are currently hiring.
About This Career Opportunity
A Charge Nurse:
- Assesses, plans and implements the nursing care of residents within the skilled nursing setting with the supervision of a Registered Nurse.
- Assesses residents on admission and on a weekly basis as well as when there is a change of condition.
- Ensures continuity of care of the residents by providing direct care as well as supervising the care given by CNAs and supportive staff members.
- Follows proper infection control procedures and supervises staff in infection control procedures.
- Participates in resident and family teaching.
- Maintains the role of resident advocate with a focus on organization mission and values.
Are You Qualified?
Here's what you need:
- Current license by the State of California as a licensed nurse.
- Minimum of six months in long term care, home care or related field.
- Demonstrated competence in technical and manual skills according to the scope of practice for RNs/LVNs.
- Ability to interact with residents, families, coworkers, managers and other departmental personnel in a kind, knowledgeable, professional and friendly manner.
- Current First Aid Training and Certifications as per Title 22.
- Must possess effective English verbal and written communication skills with the ability to successfully work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Working knowledge of computers and typing, sufficient enough to be successful with computerized Point of Care and other systems.
"Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status"