Health Care Coordinator - Oakland
Posted on Apr 16, 2019 by Elder Care Alliance
Job Category Clinical Services
Who We Are
An Elder Care Alliance Community
Mercy Retirement & Care Center
Do you enjoy working with seniors? Do you want to work in a setting where you are valued and appreciated? Mercy Retirement & Care Center is a vibrant retirement community located in Oakland. We provide senior assisted living, memory care, skilled nursing and rehabilitation services to meet a variety of health care needs. We pride ourselves on being a person-centered community and value our employees and residents. We are currently hiring.
About This Career Opportunity
A Health Care Coordinator:
- Responsible to the Resident Services Director for direct resident care and administration of medications in accordance with the care plan.
- Trains the Medication Assistants and provides oversight to the Medication Program, including monitoring the accuracy of the medication distribution system and ensuring that medications are dispensed per physician orders.
- Ensures necessary documentation is being performed to meet regulatory requirements and adhere to policy and procedure.
- Assists with admission and discharges, including performing admissions valuation, assuring that medical records are completed and medical orders confirmed.
- Performs assessments of residents when there is a change of conditions and follows-up with the appropriate medical team for intervention and notification of family members.
- Works with the Resident Services Director and the Resident Assistants to ensure the individual resident care needs are being met.
Are You Qualified?
Here's what you need:
- Current California RN or LVN licence required.
- Minimum 2 years experience in long term care, home care or related field. Acute/skilled nursing community experience preferred.
- Must possess effective English verbal and written communication skills with the ability to successfully work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of computers and typing, sufficient enough to be successful with computerized Point of Care and other systems.
"Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status"