Senior Software Developer
Posted on Apr 16, 2019 by Paradigm Management Services, LLC
Paradigm Outcomes is seeking a Senior Software Developer to join our team. This role is able to sit in either our Walnut Creek, CA location or our Lombard, IL location.
This position is accountable for performing the analysis, design, development or evaluation, testing and implementation of computer software as assigned. This position requires developing new software modules as well as modification and development of existing software applications. The person will support and/or install software applications/operating systems in their own virtual environment as well as participate in the unit testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software. At times, this person will design, plan, coordinates work teams and provides technical support to project team members. This person must become familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, procedures, and rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Hands-on coding of implementation deliverables is a requirement.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other work-related duties may be assigned.
• Researching, designing, writing and testing new software programs.
• Develops design specifications for required software and hardware (based on requirements). Works with other ITS personnel to ensure design meets corporate technical standards and direction. Performs design specifications review with other members of development team.
• Develops software to meet software design specifications OR develops existing systems by analyzing and identifying areas for modification.
• 'Bolting together' existing software products (getting incompatible platforms to work together and creating code to link them);
• Maintaining systems by monitoring, identifying and correcting software defects
• Investigating new technologies and providing inputs to the current software selection tool for a development project
• Creating technical specifications, developing and implementing unit test plans
• Working with computer coding languages
• Writing operational deployment documentation and other technical documentation needed by an application
• Working closely with other staff, such as project managers, business systems analysts, and DBA; consulting colleagues concerning the maintenance and performance of software systems and asking questions to obtain information, clarify details and implement information
• Constantly updating technical knowledge and skills by attending in-house, web casts and/or external courses, reading manuals and accessing new applications
• Problem-solving and thinking laterally as part of a team, or individually, to meet the needs of the project
• Participate in architecting, designing and delivering system software after specification of platform requirements
• Trains or assists in the training of ITS and user personnel in the conversion and implementation of the developed or purchased software
• Performs project planning by identifying needed task and deliverable, time estimation, and defining target date for completion on an assigned project. Implements project plan with assigned team.
• Communicates status of work to direct supervisor and assigned project team member(s).
• Ensures quality of work following system development and maintenance life cycle standards. Recommends changes in system development and maintenance standards.
• Maintains supports, troubleshoots and enhances current Production applications as assigned.
• Manager, Applications Development and Architecture
• Responsible for complying with Paradigm IT security requirement and policies.
• Responsible for safeguarding Paradigm or Paradigm related IT passwords.
• Responsible for notifying Paradigm of any IT security incidents per Policy No. 255 Information Security Incident Management.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Education - College degree, preferably a B.S. in Engineering, Computer Science from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience in programming in a distributed computing environment.
• Experience A minimum of eight (8) years of Object Oriented Development particularly N-Tier programming development in a distributed systems environment OR any combination of academic education, professional training, or work experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position; Experience with all the phases of software engineering; At least 6 years of experience in .net development.
• Required non-technical proficiencies and knowledge - High self-motivation for success in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; Strong communication and organizational skills; Adaptive and open to frequent changes in work environment and prioritization; Able to manage multiple competing deadlines; be innovative and creative; have good analysis skills; Enjoys fast pace and needs little direction to no direction - self-starter; Ability to work independently and be a team player; Ability to plan and accomplish goals and solve complex problems; Must possess a high-degree of creativity and latitude; Must have an outgoing and proactive personality; Ability to work seamlessly with both large and small teams to design and develop complex strategic business software solutions; Ability to use leadership skills to develop a cohesive team environment; Ability to lead a development project team throughout the development phase; Use good, practical, balance and fair judgment when to escalate team members tasks or projects assigned that will impose risk to the timeline or cost of the project
• Required technical proficiencies/knowledge Requires use of a strong background in SW design, documentation and implementation, on projects that may include any of the following list of responsibilities; Lead project team on the build of a major SW release, including building the software, coordinating with other departments, and participating in scheduling (from conception to testing; Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle and change management; Extensive development experience in the following technology stack; ASP.NET MVC, JQuery, Knockout, Angular.js, css3, HTML5, WCF, Web API, REST, C#, IIS; Database development using SQL 2012/2016; ORM tools (Entity Framework, Dapper); Advanced programming skills, including familiarity with data types, syntax and control structures, and must be able to analyze and prioritize information to make appropriate recommendations; Adept at debugging complex application problems and be able to produce quality software documentation, including requirements specifications, design documents and unit test plans; Ability to lead in the analysis, design, development, testing, and implementation of our solution; Advanced concepts of data analysis; Advanced knowledge on web development; Excellent command of rapid application design (RAD) concepts; Strong analytical skills with the ability to translate complex transactional data into valuable analytical information; Demonstrate a high degree of originality and innovation in defining product and project level architecture; Influences the design of interfaces between products to ensure interoperability; Resolve design issues; Define new software product features; Develop large portions of software independently and rapidly; Champion new, improved design methodologies; Define Reliability, Availability, Serviceability (RAS) goals