Senior Project Engineer
Posted on Apr 16, 2019 by Environmental Partners Group Inc
Move your career forward at our well respected and award winning Boston area firm where career development, training, and mentoring co-exist with diverse civil and environmental projects in a fast-paced, challenging work environment. We're hiring all levels of talented staff for our Massachusetts offices including our headquarters in Quincy, and our Woburn and Cape Cod Offices.
Discipline Focus: water, wastewater and stormwater engineering, studies, field work, design, permitting, modeling and construction phase services.
Some of the things you will be doing:
- Write and prepare reports, plans, specifications, permit applications, technical memoranda and meeting minutes.
- Prepare project scopes and budgets for new work and track budgets on existing projects as part of the project management team.
- Independently or as part of a project team, make or participate in presentations relating to marketing, client management, technical concerns or specific project related meeting.
- Use your experience and knowledge to manage and direct junior staff on various design and construction projects emphasizing design proficiency, accuracy, timeliness and client satisfaction.
- Participate in or oversee the management of construction projects including: review shop drawings; prepare responses to RFIs and Proposed Change Orders; make observations of the construction progress; coordinate and attend construction progress meetings; prepare meeting minutes and field trip reports; assist with equipment start-up, testing, and training; and, prepare SOPs and O&M manuals.
- Prepare technical papers for publication at professional association conferences.
- Support the growth and development of junior staff.
- Expand existing client relationships and identify and develop new clients.
Senior Project Engineer applicants should be a Registered Professional Engineer. If working towards PE, obtain said within the first year of employment. Applicants must have knowledge of pubic bidding and permitting processes, and excellent communication and writing skills.