Posted on Apr 16, 2019 by Environmental Partners Group Inc
Move your career forward at our well respected and award winning Boston area firm where career development, training, and mentoring co-exist with diverse civil and environmental projects in a fast-paced, challenging work environment. We're hiring all levels of talented staff for our Massachusetts offices including our headquarters in Quincy, and our Woburn and Cape Cod Offices.
Discipline Focus: water, wastewater and stormwater engineering, studies, field work, design, permitting, modeling and construction phase services.
Some of the things you will be doing:
- Coordinate field data collection efforts including water quality sampling, survey using GIS and traditional survey equipment, report review, subsurface/geologic investigations, and interviews/discussions with clients.
- Prepare design calculations, plans, and specifications for wastewater collection, water distribution systems, stormwater drainage, wastewater and drinking water treatment facilities, groundwater pumping stations, and water storage tanks under the direction of Project Manager and/or Sr. Project Engineer.
- Use AutoCAD to support design drawings for water, SCADA, wastewater, and stormwater projects.
- Prepare documents for public bidding for water, wastewater, or stormwater projects with support from Project Manager or working independently.
- Complete hydraulic and hydrologic evaluations of water distribution, wastewater collection systems and stormwater catchment areas using modeling software, prepare system mapping, and participate in master planning.
- Prepare state and/or local permits (i.e. Department of Environmental Protection, MEPA, or local Conservation Commission Wetlands Protection Act) for water/wastewater/stormwater projects.
- Prepare reports describing the objectives, methods, results and conclusions from field efforts, such as a water quality sampling program, or design activities related to water, wastewater, or stormwater projects.
Project Engineer applicants must have passed the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam, working towards Professional Engineer registration. Applicants must have knowledge of pubic bidding and permitting processes, and excellent communication and writing skills.