Posted on Apr 16, 2019 by Miami, FL
Walsh is currently seeking a Project Scheduler for the Transportation Division in Miami, Florida.
Walsh is a rapidly growing, highly diversified construction company, and we constantly seek builders and business people to join our industry-leading team. Walsh employees are "built to succeed" - competitive entrepreneurs with strong character who are energized by working on a team to meet challenges and are willing to take risks after careful planning. There are many compelling reasons why exceptional people should consider a career with our company:
- Challenging, complex projects
- Creative and innovative problem solving environment
- Supportive, communicative managers who reward your success
- Opportunities for growth, training, and development
- Flexibility to build what you want, where you want
Develops a baseline schedule while coordinating with project management, superintendents and subcontractors.
- Uses best practices and scheduling software to implement, maintain and analyze the project schedule. Includes coding and loading of resources, loading of costs, loading of general sequencing information and critical path analysis.
- Manages all project controls to assess risk and application to best practices and standards. Recommends and/or makes changes to established processes. Prepares complex risk and impact assessments of any changes to the schedule and presents to project team.
- Analyzes all changes to project schedule and the impact on cost and timeline. Ensures version control
- Ensures all project change orders and project delays are documented, analyzed and reviewed. Communicates impact on the project timeline and cost
- Leads all project scheduling meetings ensuring appropriate representation of project management. Prepares detailed weekly, monthly, quarterly reports and ensures distribution to appropriate staff
- Forecasts and manages the project budget and its relationship to the project schedule.
- Tracks all baselines, performs complicated what-if scenarios and develops contingency plans.
- Acts as an experienced resource for claims and mitigations.
- Produces complex modeling and ensures scheduling system meets all the needs of the project.
- Civil Engineering or Construction Management degree preferred
- 5 - 10 years of project scheduling experience
- Primavera experience required (P6 preferred)
- Understand concepts of baseline schedule, progress schedule, recovered schedule, total float, critical path, predecessors, successors, near critical paths, float trending, percent complete, float ownership, and constraints
- Claim experience required
- Time impact analysis experience required
- Significant multi-tasking abilities and solution-based thinking is essential
- Ability to make confident, timely, and fact based decisions on a broad range of resources
- Candidates must demonstrate multi-tasking experience working in large teams and solving complex problems
- Some travel required
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Disability/Veteran