Senior Safety Manager
Posted on Apr 16, 2019 by San Francisco, CA
Walsh is currently seeking a Sr. Safety Manager in Los Angeles, CA.
The Sr. Safety Manager assists with inspections, accident investigations, conducts safety meetings, and the overall implementation of the Project Safety and Health Program. The Sr. Safety Manager shall be responsible for compiling and maintaining necessary records, logs and other reports pertaining to safety required by the contractor, client, Federal, State and Local regulations.
Walsh is a rapidly growing, highly diversified construction company, and we constantly seek builders and business people to join our industry-leading team. Walsh employees are "built to succeed" - competitive entrepreneurs with strong character who are energized by working on a team to meet challenges and are willing to take risks after careful planning. There are many compelling reasons why exceptional people should consider a career with our company:
- Challenging, complex projects
- Creative and innovative problem solving environment
- Supportive, communicative managers who reward your success
- Opportunities for growth, training, and development
- Flexibility to build what you want, where you wan t
- Oversees one or more Safety Managers and works directly with the Project Manager and the management team to develop and implement an effective site-specific safety plan.
- Assists Project Managers and Safety Managers in the coordination of subcontractor Safety and Health, including vendors and owner personnel working on company projects. Coordinates project safety programs with subcontractors. Assists in planning and coordinating work to eliminate hazards, minimize risks, and aggressively manage losses involving injuries or property damages.
- Leads investigation and analysis to ensure that they are properly documented. Works to initiate corrective measures in compliance to work standards.
- Manages Company's Drug-Free Workplace Policy, ensuring proper testing for Pre-Employment, Vehicle Authorization, Reasonable Suspicion, Post-Accident, Random and Follow-Up.
- Provides training and education to Company personnel regarding safety requirements, including coordination of new hire safety orientation programs.
- Completes and provides weekly safety updates to the Regional Safety Managers/Division Safety Manager.
- Administers the corporate SPAT process on assigned projects.
- Assists project teams to ensure that required reports are complete, accurate and submitted per established procedures.
- Ensures that Industrial Hygiene protocols are implemented.
- Initiates comprehensive safety processes for all assigned projects. Assists PM and Safety personnel in the evaluation of the project site, equipment and processes.
- Bachelor's Degree in Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Civil Engineering or Construction Management or equivalent
- CHST (Construction Health & Safety Technician) Certification
- Minimum 7 years of experience, with the majority of the experience on major construction projects
- Excellent leadership and communication skills, critical thinking and problem solving abilities, and ability to prioritize, organize and manage time
- Knowledge of regulations and standards as well as hazard recognition and injury management skills
- Some travel required
- Required to stand, walk, sit and/or climb stairs or ladders.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Disability/Veteran