Posted on Apr 16, 2019 by Airlines Reporting Corporation
Job ID: 2
# of Openings: 1
Category: Technology Development and Engineering
ARC is searching for a Solution Architect to join our team. As a Solution Architect, you will provide product teams with technical guidance, develop architecture and design artifacts for the end-to-end solution. Additionally, we will look to you to foster technology innovation, identify opportunities for technical efficiencies, create\modify best practices and communicate those to the appropriate technical stakeholders.
You can be based at our office in Tampa, FL or Louisville, KY or our metro-accessible headquarters in Arlington, VA.
If you excel at discovering and defining functional requirements and then transforming them into architecture definition, then we want to hear from you. Come innovate with us!
What You'll Get to Do:
- Support Product Technical Leads by providing architectural subject matter expertise across the entire solution; including communicating architectural decisions and mentoring other technical staff around the various technologies and decisions. You may also provide overall technical leadership to smaller working teams, as needed.
- Partner with Product Owners\business SMEs to analyze the business need and provide guidance on solution options and trade-offs. Ensure that the overall technical solution is aligned with the business needs.
- Drive the creation and modifications of the end-to-end Product architecture, identifying and engaging all technical resources necessary to contribute to the architecture\design. This includes ensuring the solution is consistent with ARC architecture and design standards.
- Identify and drive technical efficiencies where appropriate, create\modify best practices and communicate those to the appropriate technical stakeholders.
- Stay current with latest tools, technology ideas, patterns and methodologies; share knowledge by clearly articulating results and ideas to key stakeholders
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 7+ years of application programming and/or hands-on technical architecture experience
- 5+ years of experience with full cycle application development (Full SDLC experience: design, development, delivery, etc.)
- 5+ years of real world experience implementing modern application and infrastructure design patterns, including micro-services and containers, disposable, reactive, stateless and distributed patterns.
- 3+ years with Agile, DevOps or CI\CD
- Expertise in open source technologies including, but not limited to, NodeJS, OpenJDK, Angular, React, Jenkins and PostgreSQL
- Proven ability to lead a group through an architectural development process and collaborate with technical teams, Business and other constituents
- Experience leading small technical teams and a proven ability to mentor and guide multiple-disciplined (full stack) technical teams.
- Proven ability to influence technology strategy and best practices across peer and leadership groups that support an agile\rapid development culture
What We Can Offer You:
- Our team is motivated, creative, collaborative and solutions-oriented. We think big, we embrace challenges, and we explore new ideas to lead the way for the travel industry.
- Our employees value the flexibility at ARC that allows them to truly balance their professional lives and personal lives.
- We offer a highly competitive, progressive benefits package and hands-on learning and development opportunities.
- For more than half a century, ARC has been a trusted provider of settlement services, settling more than $86 billion in transactions between airlines and travel agencies each year.
EOE M/F/D/V Females and Minorities Encouraged to Apply
Airlines Reporting Corporation