Senior DBA Oracle
Posted on Apr 16, 2019 by ITech Consult
Senior DBA - Oracle
Our client is specialist providers of bespoke software solutions in Dairy, Retail and Grain industries for over 30 years.
They are currently looking for a Senior DBA.
The chosen candidate will join a growing team in a market leading Oracle Gold Partner Company. They will be responsible for maintaining the company's database systems including back-up, performance tuning, capacity planning, monitoring critical events and documentation. They will have 8-10 years' experience working in a senior position maintaining Oracle databases. This is a senior leadership role that includes excellent scope for career progression.
* Responsible for design, development, administration, performance monitoring, reporting, and tuning of Oracle databases
* Management and maintenance of back-ups & recovery procedures
* Perform regular reviews and tuning SQL and PL/SQL code
* Define users and enable data distribution to the right user, in appropriate format and in a timely manner
* Minimise database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses
* Provide proactive and reactive data management support and training to users
* Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards
* Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity
* Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required
* Manage database security, access control and management of documentation
* Liaise with development team in the full development life cycle of database applications
* Assist in disaster recovery planning, testing and execution
* Provide knowledge transfer and mentoring for junior DBA's.
* Ensure all DBA touchpoints in relation to SLA commitments are met and exceeded.
* Full responsibility for Release Management, including the documentation
* Work with the DBA manager to identify improvements and efficiencies to the DBA service.
* 8- 10 years proven work experience as an Oracle Database administrator
* Degree or Diploma in a computer science discipline
* Oracle OCP Certification in 11G and or 12C
* Hands-on experience with database standards and end user applications
* Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity and SQL
* Familiarity with database design, documentation and coding
* Strong level of English - written and spoken
Reference No.: 918254FK
Role: Senior DBA - Oracle
Location: Co. Cork
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent
Should you find yourself suitable for this position then please send us your complete CV using the link in this advert.
Feel free to contact us for further information.
Since the foundation of our parent company - ITech Consult AG in 1997, we have continually extended our network of computer experts. ITech Consult has offices in Switzerland, Germany, UK and Ireland. Freelance IT specialists benefit from our comprehensive service offerings: including job evaluation, support in the application phase through to legal requirements, setting up of Irish Ltd Companies and on-going administrative support with our clients.
LCA Consulting Services
Parham Consulting Ltd
Real Staffing Group