Spill Response Operator
Posted on Apr 16, 2019 by Adler & Allan
Location: Tunbridge Wells (TN2 5RE)
Hours: 7am-5pm (50 hours per week + overtime / on call)
Salary: £23500 + overtime at higher rates and call out payments
The Adler and Allan Group is a provider of specialist environmental and asset management services to businesses that handle, store and utilize hazardous liquids, principally oil-based fuels. The Group's services have been developed to help customers meet ever increasing regulatory and compliance-related obligations in. A&A's services are performed by its highly skilled and accredited workforce on a planned and reactive basis from service centres around the UK.
We are currently seeking to recruit a full time Spill Response Operator to join our team based in Tunbridge Wells. The postholder will undertake duties associated with that of an Operative / labourer, clean-up of spills using available resource and equipment.
Other key tasks and responsibilities associated with this role are as follows:
* Operating Company vehicles (for which qualified), ensuring all vehicle checks and reporting any vehicle defects to supervision.
* Ensure all uplifting and offloading of product and materials is undertaken in the correct and compliant manner with high regard for health and safety.
* Responsibility for ensuring the security of all Company vehicles and equipment.
* Works to be carried out in accordance with health and safety to include provided RAMS documentation.
* Responsibility for cleaning all plant and equipment post job.
* Liaison with customers on site to discuss on-going works.
* Completion of any works paperwork and timely submission.
* Liaison with supervision regarding all works and recommending improvements of possible opportunities.
The postholder will be expected to undertake all duties in a professional manner, representing the Company well and to the best of their ability. Candidates must possess a full UK driving licence and Plant experience. HGV and ADR would be advantageous but not essential as all training will be provided.
The successful candidates must be self-motivated, reliable, with a willingness to be flexible (taking part in the on-call rota and being available for overtime) and deliver excellent customer care.
If you feel you have the skills, personality and experience for the role, please apply today!