Posted on Apr 16, 2019 by Monster Talent Fusion
A global plastic manufacturing company is looking for a collaborative detailed oriented Maintenance Mechanic in Huntington Park, CA. As a Maintenance Mechanic, you will perform all phases of maintenance within our organization including mechanical and electrical equipment. This hands-on position will push you to rebuild, modify or adjust our equipment and processes related to producing the best product possible. Your impact will be vital in the company s success.
- 5+ years industrial maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment (required)
- 2+ years of experience with blown film or plastic converting equipment (a huge plus)
- Excellent mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to read blueprints and perform job layouts for electrical circuitry and devices.
- PLC knowledge (preferred)
- Work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to handle multiple tasks with capability of prioritizing and planning work activities.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness with ability to improve and promote quality and safety.
- Mechanical / Electrical certification (preferred)
- Must supply your own tools (specialized tools will be provided)
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and over time (you may be required to rotate schedules quarterly, plus weekends and holidays may be required)
- Read, write and ability to communicate clearly with others in English.
- A hard working, dependable, safety conscious individual with a strong work ethic
- A self-starter who requires little to no supervision
- Must have basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook (e-mail)
- Preferred: High school diploma or GED
- Troubleshoots and fixes manufacturing equipment such as motors, drives, gear boxes, rollers, timing issues at the plastic extrusion & conversion plant quickly and efficiently
- Adjust components to obtain and maintain proper performance based on manufacturer specifications and company guidelines
- Install control and Distribution equipment such as switches, relays, and circuit breaker panels.
- Monitors and ensures that the equipment is in excellent condition for operation
- Capable of utilizing, obtaining, and retaining information gathered from the manufacturers manuals and drawings and using this information in maintaining those components and processes within the manufacturers specification, and training others on such information
- Provide Maintenance Supervisors with updated information on machinery conditions and report major issues throughout the day. (i.e. equipment issues, etc)
- Performs preventive and corrective maintenance on the equipment.
- Rebuild and repairs faulty equipment or systems.
- Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment.
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts.
- Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Ability to lift and grasp safely up to 100 lbs 1% - 5% of the time (with help)
- Ability to lift and grasp safely up to 50 lbs 5% - 10% of the time
- Ability to lift and grasp safely up to 25 lbs 20% - 30% of the time
- Ability to lift and grasp safely up to 15 lbs 40% 50% of the time
- Ability to squat, stoop, kneel and bend at the waist 25% - 50 % of the time
- Ability to stand, walk, sit 25% - 50% of the time
- Finger manipulation of small parts 25% - 50% of the time
- Climb ladders and stairs 5% - 10% of the time
The work is performed in a manufacturing plant environment. Position is subject to loud noise (hearing protection is required), very light dust, high/low temperatures and other environmental conditions as would be normal in a manufacturing environment. All Personal Protective Equipment is provided.
Associated topics: crew, dig, fertilizer, pruner, resurface, rug, street, surface, tree pruner, trimmer
Clarkdietrich Building Systems
Universal Forest Products, Inc.
Ready Pac Foods, Inc.
Universal Forest Products, Inc.
Reyes Coca-Cola Bottling
Gordon Food Service