Warehouse Safety Coordinator
Posted on Apr 16, 2019 by Gordon Food Service
Click Here to view a quick glance of who we are and the impact you could have on the food service industry.
There's a seat at our table for you...
Distribution Center Hours and Location
- Working Hours : 1 st shift 3 days per week, 2nd shift at least two days per week (around 2PM-11PM). Start time will be subject to change according business needs.
- Location : 630 John Hancock Rd., Taunton, MA 02780 .
What you'll need to bring to this position :
- Five (5) years previous experience in implementing safety programs, concepts and standards in a work evironment
- Prior experience within a high volume, fast paced distribution / warehouse environment strongly preferred
- Experience in an industrial environment is highly preferred
- Food Service industry experience is highly preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent GED required
- Bachelors Degree in Occupational Health & Safety, Environmental, Industrial Hygiene, DOT background, or related field preferred
- Availability to work the scheduled shift hours as needed to support ALL shifts and departments as needed
- Forklift certification and reach truck driving experience preferred
- Limited travel is expected (3-4 times per year)
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Strong collaboration, problem solving and critical thinking techniques
- Ability to plan, organize and execute with ease
- Knowledge of federal and state regulatory agencies including OSHA
- Awareness of trends related to warehouse/distribution safety development opportunities
- Deliver established training & education programs
- Monitor through observation, incident tracking and reporting the effectiveness of training programs & initiatives
- Manages the incident and injury investigation process and works with supervisors to determine required follow-up and corrective actions
- Supports other departments, promoting safety practices and education
- Collaborates with department managers and Home Office to promote safety efforts and provide feedback
- Aids the Maintenance Department's Contractor Safety Program, Process Safety Management (PSM) Program
- Administers Back Strengthening Program where applicable
- Tracks safety data and goal achievement; communicates status of the division in regards to compliance with GFS procedures, policies and results
- Responsible for OSHA reporting
- Provide additional support for the HR Team with leave of absence and disability, FMLA claims, and dispute resolution as necessary
There's a seat at our table for you!
Be part of an amazing culture where what matters to you, matters to us!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
We take care of each other at Gordon Food Service. Employees love our competitive benefit plans, which include all the things you would expect and a few that you might not!
Click here for more details.
Want to Learn More About Gordon Food Service? Check Us Out:
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. The EEO is the Law poster is available here:
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to and use the words \"Accommodation Request\" in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free.
Gordon Food Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all employees.
Associated topics: climate, compliance, diligence, ehs, health, hygiene, recycling, safety, safety specialist, sewage