Diesel Fleet Manager
Posted on Apr 16, 2019 by Gordon Food Service
With over 1800 tractors and 2100 trailers in our private fleet, our dedicated team of Diesel Fleet Mechanics provide repair, maintenance, and preventative diagnostics for all of our tractors, trailers, refrigeration units, and more.
We know we can't serve our customers without our skilled technicians and their ability to keep our equipment operating effectively and our drivers safe on the road.
We appreciate the skill and expertise of these teams and provide them with some of the best working conditions in the field.
Unique to this location, you will be on the road, conducting inspections of equipment across our regional locations. In addition, you'll be working in partnership with our trusted, 3rd party vendor to ensure the quality and integrity of the maintenance for our fleet equipment.
The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Monitoring compliance with all Department of Transportation (DOT), state and federal regulations related to vehicle and equipment maintenance
- Oversee scheduling, inspections and parts ordering
- Ensure department adherence to safety standards and maintains a program to ensure cleanliness of vehicles
- Contribute to the development of Division procedures to improve service and profitability
- Routinely monitor, manage and control budget, analyze variances and takes appropriate action and develops plans for productivity improvements
- 3 or more years experience in maintenance management or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Class A CDL required
- Knowledge of Volvo Tech Tools, Cummins Insite, TruView, Thermo King Wintrac strongly preferred
- Certification OR minimum three years experience of Air conditioning, Air brakes and DOT Annual Inspection
- Thermo King, Great Dane, and Volvo experience a plus
- High School / Equivalent required; College Degree preferred
- 3rd party leasing experience preferred
There's a seat at our table for you!
Be part of an amazing culture where what matters to you, matters to us!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
We take care of each other at Gordon Food Service. Employees love our competitive benefit plans, which include all the things you would expect and a few that you might not!
Click here for more details.
Want to Learn More About Gordon Food Service? Check Us Out:
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. The EEO is the Law poster is available here:
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to and use the words \"Accommodation Request\" in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free.
Gordon Food Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all employees.
Associated topics: dispatcher, fleet, manager, manager trainee, operations manager, service manager, supervisor, svce, technician, union
Gordon Food Service
Roadrunner Transportation Systems
Student Transportation of America
Student Transportation of America