Clinical Nurse Educator
Posted on Apr 16, 2019 by Presence Health
Location: Presence Resurrection Med
7435 West Talcott, Chicago, IL 60631 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 12
Standard Hours: 36
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
The Clinical Nurse Educator is a Registered Professional Nurse (RN) that participates within the scope of the Illinois Nurse Practice Act to ensure the delivery of comprehensive, high quality, individualized nursing care, based upon knowledge and experience, the nursing process and leadership skills. Develops and executes plans for employee development and education to improve patient, family, physician, employee satisfaction, quality of care and cost effectiveness.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts and assists learners in the assessment of education needs and identification of outcomes using a variety of strategic tools.
- Coordinates orientation of new staff to the organization.
- Develops and coordinates education plans related to initial and ongoing employee competency validation, the development of bedside nurses and to address patient population specific nursing care. Adjusts content and teaching strategies appropriate learner needs.
- Plans, prepares and maintains materials for use in educational programs for accuracy and relevance to the target audience.
- Delivers competence based programs for nursing staff with a focus upon improvement of skills and retention of knowledge. Evaluates the effectiveness of educational programming. Provides information to document effectiveness of role as a staff development educator
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Graduate from an accredited nursing program required. Bachelor's degree in Nursing or related field required. Minimum three years of clinical experience required.
Master's degree in Nursing preferred.
Strong and effective organizational and communication skills required.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required. Experience in EPIC, Meditech, and NetLearning required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Registered Nurse with a current Illinois License required. BLS certification is required.
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Life Support (PALS), Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) etc. are preferred unit specific certifications. Certification in area of specialty is preferred.
Business Unit: Presence Resurrection Med Cntr
Job Function: Nursing
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Job Segment: Nursing, Clinic, EMR, Pediatric, Registered Nurse, Healthcare
Associated topics: arnp c, assessments, bilingual, bsn, ob, prac, practice, prn, specialist, splst
Supplemental Health Care
Supplemental Health Care