CNA / Medical Support Assistant - Autumn Ridge
Posted on Apr 16, 2019 by CHI Health
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 0
Primary Location: NE > LINCOLN > TPN AUTUMN RIDGE
Your time at work should be fulfilling. Rewarding. Inspiring. That s what you ll find whenyou join one of our non-profit CHI facilities across the nation. You ll findchallenging, rewarding work every day alongside people who have as muchcompassion as you. Join us and together we ll create healthier, strongercommunities. Imagine your career at Catholic Health Initiatives!
Under the direction of the Health CareProvider, responsible for the delivery of general patient care that promotesthe safety and well-being of all patients, by following established standardsand procedures. Accurately performs preliminary physical tests such as:blood pressure, height/weight, temperature, pulse/respirations and othermeasures as directed by established clinical protocols. Assist with basic patient care, helping patients withactivities of daily living and c ollaborates withother clinic staff to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery andthe achievement of desired patient outcomes.
Additional responsibilities for this health carerole include:
- Greet and prepare patients for thehealth care provider, and assist Physicians and Nursing staff withprocedures when necessary.
- Assist Clinical staff in gatheringmedical history information, and may take and record vital signs, as wellas document patient information for medical record including, height,weight, tests and results.
- Prepare, clean and sterilizeinstruments and maintain equipment/supplies that comply with quality ofcare while maintaining budget. Keep patient exam rooms stocked,clean and orderly; dispose of contaminated items according to protocol,and may need to maintain a safe and clean laboratory.
- Following completion of training andcompetency validation may be required to collect blood samples frompatients and prepare specimens for lab analysis, perform ClinicalLaboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) - waived and non-waived (moderatecomplexity) Point-of-care (POC) laboratory tests and procedures andperform Electrocardiograms (EKG).
- May schedule patients fordiagnostic testing and follow up to ensure completion of testing.
- Provide for patient safety andprotection of patient privacy rights, and ensure safety checklists/qualitycontrols are completed as required.
Education/ Accreditation / Licensure (required & preferred):
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Graduate from an accredited Nursing Assistantprogram required.
- Current/valid CNA certification (CertifiedNursing Assistant) required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) or Advanced Care LifeSupport (ACLS ) required.
- Active or become active on CNA state registrywithin 90 days of hire required.
- 2 years Certified Nurse Assistant experiencerequired.
- Requisition ID: 2019-R
- Schedule: Per Diem
- Market: CHI Health