Lead Sterile Proc Tech-Certified, Central Processing, St Mary Hospital
Posted on Apr 16, 2019 by Presence Health
Location: Presence St Mary Kankakee
500 West Court Street, Kankakee, IL 60 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 0
Employment Status: PRN / Registry
Employment Type: Regular
The Certified Lead Sterile Processing Technician performs all the functions of a Sterile Processing Technician and assists the Manager on a day-to-day basis with the efficient operations of the department. Coordinates the daily activities of the department personnel and assist in training of new-hires, new procedures, and reviewing all inventory lists.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs the duties of a Sterile Supply Processing Technician.
2. Assists Manager in maintaining adequate stock of supplies and equipment. Orders items when necessary and on receipt, matches packing slips and requisitions for accuracy. Initiates actions to obtain substitutes for back-ordered supplies. Monitors all
3. Assists Manager in maintaining all required records/log books associated with in-house sterilization processes and quality assurance policies.
4. Completes daily work assignments for processing technicians.
5. Assists in staff training including new-hire orientation. Helps conduct department meetings and in-service programs.
6. Responds to User department problems with Sterile Supply service, equipment or supplies.
7. Functions as a technical resource to the Sterile Supply Processing Technicians. Fosters a team approach to daily work activity and maintains department competencies.
8. Provides input into performance evaluations.
9. Ensures patient charges and/or credits are entered into the MM system. Utilizes bar code systems to label and identify products for inventory control and patient charging. Follows up on all patient orders and charges in regards to supplies and bedside
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or equivalent required. Minimum one year of experience in sterile processing, instrument handling and storeroom procedures required.
Must be proficient with Windows-style applications; knowledge of Meditech and of an MM system, and Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Outlook, Word) is required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
National or International Certification of Healthcare Sterile Processing and Distribution Personnel is required.
Business Unit: Presence St Mary Hosp Kankakee
Job Function: Support Services
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability
Job Segment: Sterile Processing, Clinic, Medical Technologist, Supply, QA, Healthcare, Operations, Quality
Associated topics: ascp, hematopathology, laboratory, medical lab science, molecular, sample collection, sterile processing technician, technician, technician iii, technologist