Sterile Processing Tech I
Posted on Apr 16, 2019 by CHI Health
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 80
Primary Location: NE > OMAHA > LAKESIDE
Essential Key Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for cleaning, inspecting, processing, assembling, and sterilization of all instruments and equipment following Policy/Procedure, Industry Standards, and manufacturer Instructions for Use (IFU).
- Practices Universal Precautions and follows OSHA requirements at all time.
- Assists with daily/weekly testing and logging of all mechanical equipment, including but not limited to Mechanical Washers, Sonic, all Sterilizers.
- Maintains accurate and legible documentation.
- Assists with the routine maintenance of instrumentation by identification of items needing repair.
- Follows procedure for set assembly utilizing Instrument Checklists and/or Instrument Tracking where available.
- Where applicable:
- Completes case cart assembly by adding needed instrumentation to the case cart.
- Assist with OR Room Turnover
- Cleaning and HLD of GI Scopes, Bronchoscopes, TEE Probes
- Uses supplies (wrap, containers, chemicals, etc.) efficiently, correctly, and according to IFU.
- Participates in Department activities including, but not limited to, Orientation, System Education, Quality, Daily Briefing & Supply needs.
- High School Diploma required
- Certification by CBSPD or IAHCSMM preferred
- Preferably 1-2 years of sterile processing knowledge
- Requisition ID: 2019-R
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Evening Job
- Market: CHI Health