Financial Analyst - Reimbursement
Posted on Apr 16, 2019 by CHI Health
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 80
Primary Location: NE > OMAHA > MCAULEY FOGELSTROM CENTER
- Prepares cost reports and analyzes results for accuracy and enhancement.
- Prepares tax returns and analyzes results for accuracy and enhancement.
- Participates in the system's annual contractual budget preparation in concert with the System Finance division, which is prepared in a manner consistent with the system-wide strategies and operational planning activities.
- Participates in the investigation and estimation of the effect of all changes in Federal and State reimbursement.
- Prepares the monthly computation of deductions from revenue, including proper statement of balance sheet reserves. Provides a very technical monthly analysis to the Operation Leader on variances in the financial statements as related to reimbursement.
- Coordinates third party audits, including Medicare, Medicaid and tax audits.
- Provides the Operations Leader with projections and trending information and projects the reimbursement impact of decisions.
- Provides backup to the other Reimbursement Analysts in the event of turnover, including cost report and tax return preparation.
- Provides technical expertise to the rural facilities, including budgeting and computation and analysis of current month's and year-to-date activity.
- Prepares year-end work papers for the annual independent audit.
- Responsible for the maintenance of cost report software.
- Participates in all safety, security and infection control programs that are mandatory as well as those required and provided by the department.
- Demonstrates work practices consistent with CHI Health and department-specific safety, security and infection control policies.
- Must have ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a diverse and multi-cultural environment.
A minimum of three years of reimbursement experience in a hospital, CPA firm or intermediary with at least two years of heavy cost report experience is preferred.
A minimum of a Bachelor s Degree in Business Administration or Accounting and/or be a CPA or a fellow with HFMA (an equivalent combination of education and/or experience will be considered) required. Candidates without a Bachelor s Degree must possess 3-5 years of related experience to be considered for the position.
Must possess a strong knowledge of Financial Management and Accounting Theory and Practice; with a thorough knowledge of applicable reimbursement and general corporate laws, guidelines and professional standards; a keen understanding of hospital and other general health care operations; good computer understanding and skills; excellent communication skills; strong change management skills; must demonstrate personal traits of a high-level commitment, motivation and energy; team orientation; professionalism; trust; personal honesty and integrity, and a demonstration of placing others in a place of high value and treating them with dignity and respect.
- Requisition ID: 2019-R
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Market: CHI Health