Posted on Apr 16, 2019 by AAA
Perform minor diagnostics on automobiles as required
Repair vehicles according to manufacturers specifications including, but not limited to, brakes, suspension, exhaust, drive train, cooling system, tires, alignments, air conditioning/heating, ignition system, and fuel system
Utilize software to obtain parts and labor requirements for repairs
Communicate with the service writer/manager and manager about repair status and needs
Perform state safety inspections as needed
Keep his/her work area clean and safe
Assist Lead Technician as required and in order to gain experience for future ASE Certifications
Various miscellaneous duties as assigned by management
Assists other level technicians as requested
Performs other duties as assigned
AAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Automotive Repair Knowledge Minimum 1 year automotive repair experience with VA State Inspector License. Must provide own full set of tools.
- Customer Relations & Interpersonal skills Must be able to understand and meet customers needs and expectations. Must use good interpersonal skills in solving customers problems and build positive relationships with them.
- Communication Skills Must be able to communicate with others in a clear, understandable manner.
- Problem Solving and Resource Allocation Must be able to analyze information, identify alternatives, and make sound, logical decisions. Must maximize utilization of available resources.
- Teamwork & Cooperation Must be able to build smooth, cooperative working relationships, assisting other team members when possible.
- Time Management and Multi-tasking Must be able to perform multiple tasks and use time efficiently. Must be able to deal with negative emotions from others, displaying a positive, caring attitude on each interaction.
- Flexibility & Adaptability Must be able to adapt to change and be flexible in adjusting approach to meet the needs of different situations. Must be able to rotate among job functions as needed.