CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT
Posted on Apr 16, 2019 by CHI Memorial Health
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 80
Primary Location: Ooltewah TN, Memorial Family Medicine
Under the direction of the health care provider, Medical Assistant II is responsible for the delivery of patient care that promotes the safety and wellbeing of all patients. Accurately performs preliminary physical tests such as: measures blood pressure, records weight, temperature, pulse and respirations and other measures as directed by established clinical protocols.
- Perform general patient care by following established standards and procedures.
- Greet and prepare patients for the health care provider.
- Obtain and record vital signs including but not limited to, blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respiration, height, weight, drug allergies, and current medications and presenting problem.
- May be required to draw and collect blood samples from patients and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis.
- Administer ordered medications and/or vaccines via oral, injection, topically, rectal, ophthalmic, and/or inhalant administration.
- May perform routine tests including but not limited to EKG s.
- Schedule patients for diagnostic testing and follows up to ensure completion of testing.
- Communicate with patient regarding test results and plan of care by phone or mail as directed by physician.
- Prepare, clean and sterilize instruments and maintain equipment; keep patient exam rooms stocked, clean and orderly; dispose of contaminated items according to protocol.
- Document patient plan(s) of care, tests and examination results in the medical record as directed by the provider.
- Escalate non-routine issues, questions and/or concerns to the practice manager or healthcare provider(s).
- Ensure safety checklists/quality controls are completed as required.
- Provide for patient safety and protection of patient privacy rights.
- Perform other duties as assigned by practice manager, MA Lead or as requested by healthcare provider(s).
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Completion of a Certified Medical Assistant courserequired
- Current/valid Certified Medical Assistant (CMA)certification required or Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) required ifapplicable.
- Successfully completed Medication Aide 40-hour courseor current/valid Medication Aide certification by state agency required ifapplicable.
- May require specialized training such as Non-CertifiedRadiologic Technician (NCT).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) or Advanced Care Life Support(ACLS) required.
- 2 years Medical Assistant experience preferred
- Electronic health record experience preferred
- Demonstrates a commitment to service, organizationvalues and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at alltimes.
- Adheres to and exhibits our core values:
- Reverence :Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shapingrelationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that wehold in trust all that has been given to us.
- Integrity: Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basisof trustworthiness.
- Compassion: Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys,rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
- Excellence: Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standardsto achieve/maintain quality.
- Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive dataat all times.
- Adheres to organizational and department specificsafety standards and guidelines.
- Works collaboratively and supports efforts of teammembers.
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interactseffectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and thebroader health care community.
- Requisition ID: 2019-R
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Market: CHI Memorial