Automotive Technician-Virginia Beach
Posted on Apr 16, 2019 by AAA
Performs or approves the diagnostics on every vehicle that requires it
Repairs vehicles according to manufacturers specifications including, but not limited to, brakes, suspension, exhaust, electrical, drive train, cooling system, ignition system, tires, alignments, air conditioning/heating, engine performance, and fuel system.
Utilizes software to attain labor and parts information as well as diagrams and schematics
Communicates with the Service Writer and the Manager on repair status and needs
Performs state safety inspections as needed
Approves and follows-up all repairs assigned to other level technicians that are not in their normal scope of abilities
Oversees all mechanical repairs
Keeps his/her work area clean and safe
Assists other level technicians as requested
Performs other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Automotive Repair Knowledge Extensive knowledge of the automotive repair industry required. Minimum three years experience in automotive repair. ASE Certification required in a minimum of Brakes, Suspension and Steering, and heating and Air Conditioning, with Engine Performance and Electrical certifications preferred. Other combinations of certifications that total at least four will be considered. A/C Certified a must and State Inspection License preferred. Must provide own full set of tools.
- Customer Relations & Interpersonal skills Must be able to understand and meet customers needs and expectations. Must use good interpersonal skills in solving customers problems and build positive relationships with them.
- Communication Skills Must be able to communicate with others in a clear, understandable manner.
- Problem Solving and Resource Allocation Must be able to analyze information, identify alternatives, and make sound, logical decisions. Must maximize utilization of available resources.
- Teamwork & Cooperation Must be able to build smooth, cooperative working relationships, assisting other team members when possible.
- Time Management and Multi-tasking Must be able to perform multiple tasks and use time efficiently. Must be able to deal with negative emotions from others, displaying a positive, caring attitude on each interaction.
- Flexibility & Adaptability Must be able to adapt to change and be flexible in adjusting approach to meet the needs of different situations. Must be able to rotate among job functions as needed.
- Computer Knowledge Must be knowledgeable of Windows based programs, with experience using Mitchell or a similar repair software package.