Posted on Apr 16, 2019 by Monster Talent Fusion
TalentFusion by Monster is currently seeking a Payroll Supervisor for a exciting hospitality firm in the Scottsdale area. This payroll supervisor is responsible for the entire multi-state payroll function for the company. Creating partnerships with Peoples Services to critically review and analyze current payroll, benefits and tax procedures is critical to this position. This position reports to the Vice President of Finance.
Manages multi-state payroll .
- Confidentially responds to payroll questions and requests to protect payroll operations and maintain employee confidence.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforces adherence to requirements and advises management on needed actions.
- Maintains payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures. Determines payroll liabilities by approving the calculation of employee federal and state income and social security taxes, and employer's social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments. Audits and provides an analysis for W-4s, payroll balance sheets, year-to-date earnings, etc.
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Prepares financial reports from ADP.
- Develops labor/revenue and analytical reports.
- Creates weekly food & beverage (F&B)/golf revenue reports; creates monthly F&B rollup analysis (profit and loss sourced) and product analysis for F&B.
- Creates IBS revenue reporting templates (Hyperion/IBS).
- Oversees and supports WF Reconciler; other WF administrative responsibilities.
- Evaluates functionality of W-1 tool/AP.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
Able to work under pressure and balance multiple priorities and assignments.
- Strong team-building skills including the ability to lead, cooperate, and motivate.
- Must be role model and able to live our BlueStar core values:
- Honesty and Integrity
- Respect for the Individual
- Competitive SpiritMINIMUM REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS:
- Bachelor s degree in Accounting or Business Administration required.
- Five years experience managing a multi-state payroll department, including staff.
- Extensive knowledge of ADP.
- Computer literate with proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel.
- Quick Books and JD Edwards accounting software is highly desirable.
- Working experience of payroll tax at the federal, state and local levels.
- Must possess basic computational ability as well as budgetary analysis.
- Must have strong analytical, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, with excellent customer services skills and an ability to respond to the needs and requests of coworkers and clients.
- Must be able to consistently achieve high work standards; attention to detail, accuracy, and timeliness.
- Must demonstrate initiative ability to think, work, and make independent decisions, based on sound judgment.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where continuous improvement is expected.
- This position requires a flexible schedule.