Asst Manager, Patient Care
Posted on Apr 16, 2019 by Presence Health
Location: Presence Mercy Medical Center
1315 North Highland, Aurora, IL 60506 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 40
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
The Assistant Manager, Patient Care supports the Patient Care Manager in overseeing the plan of care for patients and in ensuring the delivery of high quality patient focused care according to established policies and procedures. Collaborates with other hospital services, medical staff and administration to ensure that quality patient care is delivered and desired outcomes are measured and obtained.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans, controls and coordinates the daily activities and the delivery of nursing care provided to patients on the patient care unit by assigning staff and beds, partnering with others on admissions, facilitating throughput, etc., in collaboration with the Patient Care Manager (PCM).
- Facilitates new or re-assigned employees and preceptors through the unit's orientation process and serves as a clinical resource to all department staff by providing information and guidance.
- Participates in the development and implementation of departmental policies, procedures, and goals by identifying issues and recommending improvements, revisions, etc., as appropriate. Assists in monitoring staff performance to ensure compliance with organizational/unit policies and standards of care. Documents and addresses any variances from standards.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates processes/systems that ensure cost effective, quality patient care is provided, in collaboration with PCM. Participates in the development of the unit's operating budget by identifying and making recommendations on areas for cost-savings.
- Participates in the quality improvement activities of the department by gathering data, identifying areas for improvement, and making recommendations. Assists PCM in implementing new/revised processes and educating staff on these changes.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Graduate of an accredited Nursing Program required. Minimum two years of clinical experience in Patient Care or similar clinical setting required.
degree in Nursing preferred.
Knowledge of Meditech, Kronos, word processing systems, and spreadsheet applications required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Registered Nurse with a current Illinois License required. CPR certification required. Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) etc. are required unit specific certifications.
Business Unit: Presence Mercy Medical Center
Job Function: Nursing; Support Services
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability
Nearest Major Market: Aurora
Nearest Secondary Market: Chicago
Job Segment: Nursing, Patient Care, Assistant Manager, Medical, Manager, Healthcare, Management
Cross Country TravCorps