Emergecy Room Technician I
Posted on Apr 16, 2019 by Presence Health
Location: Presence Resurrection Med
7435 West Talcott, Chicago, IL 60631 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 12
Standard Hours: 24
Employment Status: Part-time
Employment Type: Regular
The Emergency Department Technician I under the direction and supervision of a registered professional nurse (RN) carries out all assignments in the provision of patient care, as delegated by the registered nurse.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides direct patient care, as directed by RN, such as perform point of care testing, check vital signs and measurements, and collection of urine and stool specimens. Cleans wounds and assists with minor wound care procedures under the direction of a physician or RN. Applies dressings, splints, and post molds.
- Places patients on electrocardiogram (EKG) monitor and performs 12 lead EKG's. Performs venipuncture for the purpose of obtaining blood specimens.
- Assists RN in completing therapeutic treatments and communicates patient's response to treatment.
- Surveys for significant findings regarding patient safety, personal needs and changes in patient's condition, reporting findings to RN. Identifies patient/family education needs and reports them to the RN.
- Promotes and maintains an atmosphere for patient comfort. Keeps patient's room clean and orderly. Assists patients with bedpans and urinals. Assists in cleaning and preparing rooms after a patient has been dispositioned, removing and disposing of used supplies, specimens.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or equivalent with one year related experience or Completion of/current enrollment in Certified Nursing Assistant program required. Minimum one year of work experience in a health care environment required.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Basic Life Support (BLS) or CPR certification required. Certified Nursing Assistant in Illinois (CNA), EMT-Basic, EMT-Intermediate, EMT-Paramedic preferred.
Business Unit: Presence Resurrection Med Cntr
Job Function: Nursing; Support Services
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Job Segment: Technician, Cardiac, Paramedic, Patient Care, Nursing, Technology, Healthcare
Associated topics: bsn, cardiothoracic, care unit, ccu, domiciliary, intensive, recovery, registed, registered nurse, tcu