Posted on Apr 16, 2019 by Monster Talent Fusion
TL Shield is a progressive elevator company with over 30 years in the industry. We provide residential and commercial solutions for the entire state of California. As a family owned and operated company, we focus on fostering a culture of caring and continuing the education of our employees. Now, we're searching for Elevator Mechanics to join our growing team.
What you will do:
- Read blueprints to determine the equipment needed for installations or repairs
- Install or repair elevator doors, cables, motors, and control systems
- Locate malfunctions in brakes, motors, switches, control systems, etc.
- Use test equipment, such as ammeters, voltmeters, and other tools of the trade, to diagnose problems
- Adjust counterweights, door mechanisms, and safety controls
- Test newly installed equipment to ensure it meets specifications
- Comply with safety regulations and building codes
- Communicate effectively and manage time efficiently
- Experience working as an industrial maintenance mechanic, electrician or elevator mechanic
- Knowledgeable about electronics
- Willing to travel within the state of California, occasionally overnight
- Own a truck and a basic set of hand tools
- Certified Elevator Technician degree or Elevator Mechanic License
- Industrial/Electrical/Mechanical technical diploma
- Vocational/technical training
- Physical Requirements: Must be able to climb, crawl, stoop, climb ladders, and walk beams. Must be able to lift and carry tools and materials weighing in excess of 50 pounds and be able to raise and carry with assistance items weighing 200 pounds. Must be able to work from high ladders and scaffolding. Must be able to work safely in close proximity to moving and working equipment.
- Work Environment: May work in dusty and dirty places such as elevator shafts, and pits or other mechanical spaces where temperatures may exceed 100 and equipment may be oily and greasy.