Senior Bridge Engineer
Posted on Apr 16, 2019 by Monster Talent Fusion
Monster s client is a DBE certified civil engineering firm offering bridge, contractor support, structural, highway, traffic, environmental permitting, NBIS bridge inspection, and 3D CAD modeling and rendering services. Monster s client takes a simple, yet innovative approach to complex challenges combining their commitment to quality, their integrity, and many years of experience in a wide range of engineering endeavors to deliver projects that are responsive to their client s needs as well as budget and schedule. As a result, since being incorporated in 2010 Monster s client has rapidly grown from 1 engineer to a team of over 30 employees.
Monster s client is seeking a senior bridge engineer with 5 to 10 years experience to join their team and assist with roadway and railroad projects throughout New England. The Senior Bridge Engineer role will blend technical expertise with project management to a level commensurate to the successful candidate s experience, qualifications, and motivation. The successful candidate shall be experienced in structural engineering as it relates to bridges and have the leadership and organizational skills necessary to lead and manage a team of engineers on all types of bridge design and rating projects.
- Management of structural analysis and design, load rating of roadway and rail bridges, and contract document preparation (plans, specifications, estimate) for design/build and conventional bridge projects
- Management of project budget and schedule
- Coordination and communication with clients, sub-consultants, and team members
- Quality review of work products
- Proposal preparation and Scope and Fee development
- 5 to 10 years of progressive experience in bridge engineering
- Bachelors (minimum) and Masters (preferred) degree in Civil/Structural Engineering
- PE license or ability to obtain within 6 months
- Ability to manage projects from preliminary planning through completion
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Proficiency in structural analysis software such as SAP, STAAD, or similar
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and/or Microstation