Tool Maker - Chat Now to learn about this job!
Posted on Apr 16, 2019 by Monster Talent Fusion
Reno, Nevada US
Tool Maker Job Description Setup, support and maintain the total Can manufacturing process with an emphasis on cupping and deep draw transfer press tools and equipment in a high volume, tight tolerance environment. Troubleshoot Production problems and make repairs/adjustments to tools and processes to ensure the highest quality product.
- Work from Specifications, blueprints, sketches, and verbal instructions to construct and maintain technically complex and exacting tools and gages.
- Prove out tooling with a sample run, position by position. Obtain required Quality Assurance approvals on samples produced.
- Produce and maintain spare parts or repair machinery as required.
- Prepare machines for production runs and install new tools. Check each station and make required adjustments to ensure acceptable product. Make an initial run of product, check dimensions and notify Supervisor, Production Manager, or Quality. Submit first piece to Quality Assurance for approval on new tools.
- Troubleshoot subsequent production problems. Take over the operation of the machine and make thorough observations to determine the extent and root cause of trouble. Adjust tooling and/or make repairs to worn or broken tooling as required. Solicit assistance from maintenance mechanics and electricians as required. Turn the operation back to the machine operator once corrections have been made and satisfactory product is being produce.
- Execute coil changes ensuring a continuous run of the line.
- Support at other process steps if needed to prevent a breakdown of the whole line with focus on the HTN target to achieve 80% Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE).
- Employee must use a computer to enter SPC data and other required data entry.
- Segregate rejected materials and follow established procedures for disposition of each materials.
- Follow company policies, procedures and comply with standard safety rules and regulations.
- Participate in 5S audits and give honest feedback to the leadership for improvement ideas Be an active driver of the continuous improvement process.
- Must be able to work in a production cell or in a small team environment, supporting and taking over the Press Operator responsibilities if this is needed.
- Attending the daily M4dI meetings to report production output, reject rates and quality data.
- Perform as a teamplayer and proactively supporting the continuous improvement process by attending workshops, developing and adjusting standard work instructions, participate in problem solving meetings and helping to find root causes.
- Support in developing and improving their own work environment to reach the target of 80% OEE.
- Act as a technical lead and coach on the line and guide the Toolsetters and Press Operators to achieve production goals.