Posted on Apr 16, 2019 by Hays Talent Solutions
Management Accountant - Reporting to Head of Group Accounting An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Management Accountant to lead a team to provide accurate, efficient, meaningful financial reporting to the business and ensure that P&L's accurately reflect actual business performance.Responsible for the delivery of monthly management reporting for the UK & US, the role acts as a prime liaison point with the external auditors and the Group reporting team.The successful candidate will also provide input into the improvement and development of processes and procedures.
- Ensure all central account production processes are completed in line with month end timetable, to provide a good set of first numbers.
- Provide assurance over the Total Company numbers
- Review and analyse SG&A
- Review Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Maintenance of Accounting Master Data
- Responsible for the adoption of CC best practice and to ensure consistency of service.
- Acting as a point of escalation on complex accounting issues and providing appropriate support to other team members
- Assess situations, issues and opportunities and escalate when appropriate.
- Manages, develops and coaches team of staff and implements performance management solutions where required
- Develop and motivate team to help ensure the delivery of function and business targets.
- Maintain confidentiality in all business-related matters.
- Proactively and continuously improve processes and systems at Company Level
- Establishes productive relationships and networks at Senior Management level to build and maintain customer relationships
The Ideal Candidate
- Qualified CIMA/ACCA or proven relevant experience in similar role
- Advanced academic background, preferably to good degree level or equivalent
- Proven track record of work experience in a challenging commercial environment
- Proven commercial acumen
- Good working knowledge of relevant functional systems including Excel to Advanced level and SAP.
- Experience in dealing with and influencing multi-tier management
- Experience of developing best practice policies and procedures for functional area
- Business Analysis experience preferred
- Experience of multi-tasking and working to pre-defined deadlines.