Head of Commercial Assurance
Posted on Apr 16, 2019 by McGregor Boyall
My leading public sector body are looking to bring on a Head of Commercial Assurance to ensure the optimum commercial position is attained and to provide co-ordination and tracking of all activities within the Commercial Assurance team.
Key Responsibilities - To lead on the implementation, embedding, monitoring and reporting on the agreed contract extension activities and obligations with my clients outsourcing partner, ensuring that the value agreed through extension negotiations is realised, tracked and demonstrable through robust tracking and reporting.
Candidate should have:
- Multiple years senior commercial experience within roles which provide a broad business and strategic overview.
- Team leadership roles at a strategic managerial level, managing cross-functional and multi-disciplinary teams.
- Significant experience of roles requiring influencing skills at a high level and in a challenging arena.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and business strategy and management skills;
- Financial analysis, planning and ability to develop and undertake robust evaluations of potential options;
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and management skills;
- Demonstrable ability to lead a team dealing with complex issues and interfaces between numerous organisations and advisors;
- Understanding/knowledge of the deployment of departmental policies into practical application; knowledge of existing and emerging Government policy, particularly with regards to procurement and legislative practices;
- Ability to evaluate business and contractual risk and to build in appropriate safeguards to protect the organisation - additionally to provide advice and guidance across the organisation in this regard;
- Strong written and drafting skills
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on any grounds.