DevOps Engineer - London - Jenkins - pipeline as a code
Posted on Apr 16, 2019 by Strike IT Services
DevOps Engineer is required for a 6-month contract at a leading Bank based in London who is going through a major Engineering Transformation programme. They need a DevOps to join a team from a major consultancy, who will create tools and applications for the bank using cutting-edge technologies on a project expected to last at least 4 years.
They ideally want a DevOps from a coding/development background, understand the entire DevOps toolchain from a quality perspective, and have the ability to work as a team, mentoring and assisting others when necessary.
- Expertise in DevOps open source Scripting languages ie Groovy or Python
- Automated package delivery using Ansible, Chef, or Puppet or any related tool
- Good understanding of PaaS infrastructure, preferably Cloud foundry, with understanding around buildpacks is a must
- Good understanding of leading CI platform, eg. Jenkins 2.0/Travis and/or Circle CI Jenkins, in particular, building pipelines and pipeline as a code
- Experience with containers, Kubernetes
- Good Understanding is required around application build tools - npm/maven/gulp/gradle
- Working knowledge of Non-functional, functional and unit test frameworks and tools used during software development is required
- Working knowledge of Application Server and Java containers is required
- Basic infrastructure knowledge - Operating system, VM's, Containers, Proxy, Nginx is expected Node.js is desirable
- Understanding of application deployment orchestration tools