Hardware Product Engineer
Posted on Apr 16, 2019 by Intrinsic Link IT Limited
Hardware Product Engineer required by my client a market-leading Fin Tech/Reg company based in London. As a Mobile Hardware Engineer you will be involved in the design, development and testing of new and revised hardware products; principally through the integration and/or consolidation of existing 3rd party devices and technologies.
- Advise and assist the software development team on issues related to new mobile hardware integration, including provision of mobile equipment for live testing and developing the scripts/code (for example, LUA) required to allow communication between the devices and my clients platforms.
- As required provide support to the customer support team, technical engineering team and customers to trouble shoot complex issues.
- Working with the Communications Engineers to define and prioritise device driver development for software products and services.
Essewntial experience required includes:
- 2+ years' experience working in a development company/team on hardware development strategy with the product owners.
- 2+ years' or more experience in supporting Embedded hardware devices.
- Experience with satellite transceivers would be highly desirable. (eg Skywave/Orbcomm, Inrmarsat and Iridium
- 2+ years' experience in programming/development for Embedded systems.
They are also responsible for ongoing support, upgrading and integration of my clients existing hardware (internal and 3rd party transceivers) into the various platforms, typically this involves writing script/coding for Embedded systems to interface the devices into our platforms, testing and release implementation.
Please get in touch in the first instance with your CV stating rate expectation.